Kifaru 357 mag

If they made one i'd buy it... just saying.
I love my 22mag, and i'd love it even more if it had a little more room and it matched up with a 26" frame a little better.
There probably isn't room for both in the line up, but one can hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marktole

WKR
I'm personally a huge fan of the gap at the bottom of the 22 Mag on a 26" frame. Leaves from for all kinds of stuff, sleeping bag, dry bag with whatever in it, foam sleeping pad, or a glassing mat.

But I too may fall victim to the Kifaru sickness if they made a 357 mag...

junior

WKR
resurrecting this thread. Any details or speculation on the Kifaru 357 mag? I heard rumor of release this month. Any teaser pics or anything? I was hoping for a size between the 22 and 44 (obviously) and with similar features but would like the spotting scope pockets like the 44 mag.

MAVinWA

Lil-Rokslider
Based in WA, OTC archery public land in AZ, UT, so
I'm personally a huge fan of the gap at the bottom of the 22 Mag on a 26" frame. Leaves from for all kinds of stuff, sleeping bag, dry bag with whatever in it, foam sleeping pad, or a glassing mat.
(y)I like that gap at the bottom, using my 22Mag Gen-2 on the 26" frame. fit extra gear in that space.
Having a 14'r (used mostly as airline under seat), a Hunter Duplex 26 frame with Reckoning or 22Mag, combined with accessory pockets etc.
I've found my right combinations for hunt pack & trip needs.
very pleased with Kifaru products.

Block

WKR
I would 100% buy a 357 if it was the same design as the older 22..,, The 44 layout just wasn’t for me..

junior

WKR
I would 100% buy a 357 if it was the same design as the older 22..,, The 44 layout just wasn’t for me..

Curious what you don’t like about the 44 layout? I was thinking a little more compact 44 is just what Id want. Would be so nice to be able to go see things and get hands on them. I just don’t have any plans to hit Denver any time soon

Block

WKR
Curious what you don’t like about the 44 layout? I was thinking a little more compact 44 is just what Id want. Would be so nice to be able to go see things and get hands on them. I just don’t have any plans to hit Denver any time soon

It’s a great pack,, just personal preference. Can’t please us all haha.. the old 22 I love the open side pouches for sliding in a tripod/jetBoil/bottle ,,, I actually like the top pouch separate too unlike the 44

junior

WKR
Makes sense if customers want them especially if they are also compatible with frames. I’m not opposed to the idea as long as it doesn’t add a ton of weight

junior

WKR
If it's internal frame only then that'll be intensely disappointing...

For sure. To me it would seem very foolish to not make it compatible with the duplex frames. I’d probably cry some full on crocodile tears if that’s the case

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed.

I just bought my frame and some accessories with the hopes that they would make a do-all pack that would fit my needs. Something around the presumed size of the 357 (~3500 cu in) would be awesome. I was leaning towards a 357 and perhaps a Stryker also. Or 357 and an E&E bag for scouting purposes.

junior

WKR
Nice. Yeah I have a muskeg 7k on order and am hoping for a 357 for my ‘day/weekend’ pack. If not a 22 mag would likely be sufficient but I’d like extra space and especially the side zippered pockets the 44 mag has

I’d be stoked for an internal frame. Using the shape charge as an assault pack has been great. But sometimes you need just a bit more for those extended bouts. With a Sherman it could replace ever using the molle II ruck. It would fit the role of the Army’s medium ruck.

In for one in multicam!

Block

WKR
One thing I forgot to list,, really THE reason I sold my 44mag,,. Was that I didn’t like the short high water bladder pouch, I much prefer the full length 3 liter pouch that goes to the bottom of bag... not really sure why they did that on the 44...