Kifaru 44 Mag users - couple of questions

MVIMG_20200827_174348.jpg

So far I love mine. I've put around 75-80lb in it for test hikes. And done some scouting with it.

Pic is 44 mag with 10 days of stuff. Kill kit, filter, and nalgene in Sherman.

SO eolus + Tyvek roll in side pockets of bag.

2l bladder in the bladder pouch
Sleeping bag and clothes in a garbage bag at bottom. Food dry bag above that.

Stove/pot, tags, map, and battery packs in the mesh inner pocket.

First aid kit, and head lamp at first top pocket. Rain gear in middle top pocket.

Bow won't be riding the back usually. Was just curious if the Sherman could grab it with this much stuff in it.

34lb without water.

You can access your bag without letting down the meatshelf compression if you set it up for that. Crazy customizable. The only compression strap I have that goes across my pack is a top one I run for extra and my Sherman straps.

Edit: included a photo without the bow.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200831_135344.jpg
    MVIMG_20200831_135344.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 96

WJAadams

FNG
The bladder pocket is something they could definilty improve on. When using an inline MSR filtration, it has to stick out of the top of the pack, and just doesn't work.

md126

WKR
Overall I like the design of the 44mag (and 22mag). The only problem I have I guess is that I love the Sherman pocket and using it basically defeats the purpose of the PALS webbing, or at least makes it less usable in my opinion.

OR_Hunter

FNG
Attaching a bow to the 44mag would it be best to get additional straps to attach to the frame or can you do it with current number of straps?

fatlander

WKR
Attaching a bow to the 44mag would it be best to get additional straps to attach to the frame or can you do it with current number of straps?

You don’t need any more straps than what comes standard. Stick the cam in the lower grab handled and then hook the top compression straps to one another across the riser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk