Kifaru 44mag- looks pretty cool

skolberg

FNG
I was worried about to small and I wanted more pals webbing for mount versatility. I have a cavern and love it. But now I’m wondering .... what else are they releasing cause I’m planning on buying Monday!

How would you categorize the size of the cavern? I am looking for a good bag that can handle 5-7 days in the backcountry but one that I could also use as a day pack. Would the cavern be a good choice or too much bag for what I need?

Dinger

WKR
My bag turned up today I've slipped it onto it's new frame. Super happy with the bag and a nice departure from my old Highcamp bag.

Now this may have been asked before but whats the purpose of the long tan web strap running under the load lifters in my pic?

TIA

20190620_195136-X3.jpg

wrkn2hunt

FNG
I got my 44 mag a week ago and have been playing around configuring different situations. I am running a claymore low and a Sherman above that, water bottle on left and small pouch on right side of belt. No problems to get 5 days in this without using the load shelf. I have put a 40# bag of dogfood in the load shelf and this things carries weight better than any other pack I have used. I think this is the perfect pack I have been looking for!

My bag turned up today I've slipped it onto it's new frame. Super happy with the bag and a nice departure from my old Highcamp bag.

Now this may have been asked before but whats the purpose of the long tan web strap running under the load lifters in my pic?

TIA

20190620_195136-X3.jpg
The loop you have your lifters attached to - I didn't think those are for the load lifters - rather for buckles/attachment for a guide lid, etc. Not saying you can't use them but I think the ones sewn into the sleeve are designed for the load lifter. Makes the handle more functional as well. Just my $0.02

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Mine came rigged up the same way from Kifaru. It doesn’t interfere with using that strap as a handle.

Interesting - not sure how you would attach a lid then? Obviously if it came rigged that way it is correct - maybe that is the preferred spot but you have the option of using the sleeve tabs?

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
That is indeed a handle. I got a lot of flak for not having a handle to hang the Shape Charge against trees and off of vehicles for grunts. Our double stitch 2" webbing handle added too much bulk to the seams in that area so I used the tubular nylon for a handle in that area. It's placement at the top of the frame sleeve means you can either use the tabs like shown in the picture for your load lifters but there is enough room under the handle to not interfere with the top rung of the load lifter connection points.

Interesting - not sure how you would attach a lid then? Obviously if it came rigged that way it is correct - maybe that is the preferred spot but you have the option of using the sleeve tabs?

I attached my lifters to the loop under those tabs so the tabs are still available for a lid

xcutter

WKR
Got my pack and lite frame yesterday. I am overly impressed with the quality. Put my 60 pound kid in it and walked around the house in it for a quick test ride. Will be doing some heavy weight tests and hikes in it this weekend.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Xcutter - There are tabs at the top of the black frame sleeve that you can attach the back lid compression straps to (see the pic that Dinger posted above, the tabs his buckles are attached to can be the upper load lifter tabs or lid tabs). There are two sets of tabs on the front of the bag that you can attach the front straps to. If you want to attach the straps higher up the bag, loop the K-clip straps through a Molle web section and attach back to itself.

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
I got my 44Mag a week or two ago. Wow what a bag. The search is finally over. Its everything I want in a bag.

I've got a Mountain Warrior, Reckoning, and Tahr. Might was well sell them all.