Kifaru 88 Mag

ChrisAU

WKR
It should be called "the Kitchen Sink" cuz you'll be able to take everything with you, including the kitchen sink.

Being inexperienced, I really wonder what guys are taking that requires so much room? I know some take a lot of camera gear, I guess that adds up.

Being inexperienced, I really wonder what guys are taking that requires so much room? I know some take a lot of camera gear, I guess that adds up.

Idk man I'm using an exo 3500 which is actually 4200 total. And for 5 day hunt with long/wide down quilt its bursting at the seems. I dont weight things to the gram but consider myself on the ultralite side and a minimalist.
I wouldn't even be about to use it on a late hunt with extra clothing.

I take it back.
I dont really use the roll top as I dont want my pack that high.

Think about going to a 44 mag or an exo 4800 on a kifaru frame.
But I hate how the kifaru straps go all way around the bag.
On the exo you can leave the sides buckled down and put ur bow on back or whatever.

Kotaman

WKR
It should be called "the Kitchen Sink" cuz you'll be able to take everything with you, including the kitchen sink.

For me it’s not about what I’m “taking with me”, but what what I’m taking out. I’m a “meat in the bag” guy. After I kill, I like to put everything I can in the bag, and strap what doesn’t fit to the outside. IMO, the 44 Mag is a little small for that for an extended stay using it the way I like to. If the new bag is 7000, it should be about perfect.

For me it is FOOD. If you're really packing for 10+ days I think you'll understand. The other thing is my shelter. If I don't plan on coming back out for anything I don't go particularly minimalist so I pack the bomb-proof items: shelter, rain gear, etc.

ChrisAU

WKR
For me it is FOOD. If you're really packing for 10+ days I think you'll understand. The other thing is my shelter. If I don't plan on coming back out for anything I don't go particularly minimalist so I pack the bomb-proof items: shelter, rain gear, etc.

I can see that, food is bulky. I've got 7 days/6 nights stuffed in a 4,000 CI pack with a 800 CISeek Talon on it, no other pockets. Any longer and I'd certainly need to upsize.

When Aaron Snyder was asked "if you can only have one pack, what would it be?" He answered something to the tune of "the crater, because it's the biggest pack we make. I have never been on the mountain and wished my pack was smaller".

Idk man I'm using an exo 3500 which is actually 4200 total. And for 5 day hunt with long/wide down quilt its bursting at the seems. I dont weight things to the gram but consider myself on the ultralite side and a minimalist.
I wouldn't even be about to use it on a late hunt with extra clothing.
This is the boat I’m in as well. I can do 5 days in my 3500 but it’s stuffed to capacity and everything has to fit in just right. I’d rather have a larger bag and a bit more wiggle room so it’s not 100% maxed out.

HookUp

WKR
I'm jumping on the bigger pack next year band wagon as well. 5500 for 7 days leaves zero room for meat.

Just waiting for this puppy to drop. I really loved the layout of the Exo 4800 and Kifaru 44mag but they just weren't as big as I wanted. Looks like Kifaru will be taking more of my money haha.

Marble

WKR
More of a general statement.
Weather my pack is 1 pound or 100 I wish it was lighter.
Oh ok. Makes sense. I switched to a Kifaru Cavern this year. Its heavier than my prior packs, but I can carry much more weight in it and be so much more comfortable. I didnt buy the hype for a long time. But I took a chance and couldn't be happier.