Kifaru Accessories

TradFreak

FNG
What is your preferred kifaru accessory for you pack? I'm trying to decide what I want to get for my reckoning.

I'm definitely wanting a small belt pouch for my headlight and other items that are needed quickly and easily. Also considered a water bottle holder but not a necessity.
7844353217611a8d67d87f10d2821d79.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I really enjoy my belt pouch Xpac, I run a small and a meduim on my muskeg helps keep it simple for all the items I need to get frequently. Also run the water bottle holder it's really convenient to have access to your nalgene that much quicker.

OP
T

TradFreak

FNG
Do you guys use the rain cover for your packs. Planning to do some backcountry hunting possibly 5 days or so. I'm definitely thinking about getting it.

Jimss

WKR
I really like the guide lid. Quick and easy access for a large volume and selection of what I use while scouting and hunting. This may include raingear, shells, headlamp, snacks, map, gps, calls...the list goes on! I've used a pack cover several times in Alaska. Things usually dry out pretty quick here in Colorado but it would be nice having if conditions are wet for several days. I bought several Kifaru pouches and have yet to use them...should probably sell them!

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
My fav is deff the OGL ... so versatile and handy for day trips without loading up the main pack...hopefully room for the protein :)
Second to that for me would be the nalgene pocket
Not a bladder fan so this little unit is money for me. My nalgene in warm weather and the GSI in the cold. Both sit in there lovely and it’s dam handy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrek

WKR
Do you guys use the rain cover for your packs. Planning to do some backcountry hunting possibly 5 days or so. I'm definitely thinking about getting it.

I’m not a fan of pack covers. I and everyone I know put their sleeping bag and items that need to stay dry into dry sacks. The dry sacks keep these items dry and clean not just from rain but falls into water , burst water bladders , and other things like leaking food. As long as my sleeping bag and any dry clothes stay dry I’ll be ok. Fall into a creek and your pack cover won’t help you.
As for my favorite Kifaru accessory it’s the gun bearer far and away ! Getting the rifle out of my hands and off my shoulder while keeping it instantly available is a huge improvement.

OP
T

TradFreak

FNG
I’m not a fan of pack covers. I and everyone I know put their sleeping bag and items that need to stay dry into dry sacks. The dry sacks keep these items dry and clean not just from rain but falls into water , burst water bladders , and other things like leaking food. As long as my sleeping bag and any dry clothes stay dry I’ll be ok. Fall into a creek and your pack cover won’t help you.
As for my favorite Kifaru accessory it’s the gun bearer far and away ! Getting the rifle out of my hands and off my shoulder while keeping it instantly available is a huge improvement.
Thanks for your input. That's a good Idea.