Kifaru Addiction

TheMiz54

FNG
I think I might have an addiction. It all started with the ultra light pullouts I got a few months back. Then over the last 3 weeks I have slowly been buying as much gear as I can get. I am out east and mostly do whitetail hunts but would like to do some western backpacking hunts in the future. So over the last few weeks I have acquired a Muskeg 7000, EMR II, belt pouches and a guide lid, and I just ordered the Stryker XL and the Duplex Frame when they went on sale.

I guess for others that became addicted, did you end up buying a bunch of pack and figured out which ones you liked best and then sold the other gear or does the addiction just keep growing? I'm asking so I know how to break the news to my wife. Thanks

Im in the east as well and use kifaru for edc and elk hunting, no whitetail or turkey. I have 2 frames and 6 bags and 2 edc internal bag/frames. This has been downsized recently. So, yes, the addiction continues. It does not help they continue to “improve” products, it’s worse that bow company yearly releases.

I can’t stop looking at the website and scanning forums for stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
I think I might have an addiction. It all started with the ultra light pullouts I got a few months back. Then over the last 3 weeks I have slowly been buying as much gear as I can get. I am out east and mostly do whitetail hunts but would like to do some western backpacking hunts in the future. So over the last few weeks I have acquired a Muskeg 7000, EMR II, belt pouches and a guide lid, and I just ordered the Stryker XL and the Duplex Frame when they went on sale.

I guess for others that became addicted, did you end up buying a bunch of pack and figured out which ones you liked best and then sold the other gear or does the addiction just keep growing? I'm asking so I know how to break the news to my wife. Thanks
You don't have to be or west to use the packs.

I too suffer at times from buying gear because I daydream of how much better my hunting/ packing experiences will be. But in the end, it's not that complicated, and in order for you to really know what you'll need, you need to go do it.

There is not always a next time or next year. Timing will never be perfect. Seize the moment and just go.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider

I’ve bought and sold a lot of different stuff but the Kifaru tends to stay around. My wife knows all about my Kifaru addiction and does not care (her addiction is horses which is way more expensive in the long run). You will find uses for them back east a lot. I use my Stryker for whitetail and planning some other hunts to use this stuff in VA other than just my trips out west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pk_

WKR
I don’t share the Kifaru addiction but I have gone thru this in the past with other gear/hobbies. Now I try to only buy the bare essentials when getting into a new hobby or new facet of an existing hobby and then add to those essentials as I get real world experience with it…

So much gear seems cool and practical but as you gain experience in the activity, you get better at realizing what things are and are not useful for you personally.

Good luck. Acceptance is the first step to healing. 🤣

vthokee

WKR
I understand where you are coming from. Since November I have bought a duplex frame, Stryker, 22mag, field quiver, small/med/lrg pouches and found a used Markhor and guide lid for great price.

patton-7

FNG

So far I really like the versatility that my straightjacket offers, but the new hellbender looks very intriguing

I feel the pain. I got an E&E to start and liked the work on that little bag so much it led me down this rabbit hole. Now I’m up on a Friday night commenting on 10 forums so I can be allowed to DM and purchase more kifaru stuff. On that note, anyone want to sell me a ranger green Gen 1 Antero? 🙏🏾