Kifaru Aluminum or Composite Stays

pc3

Folks what is the consensus on which stays to order, aluminium or the light weight composite option ?

Are there advantages/disadvantages to each other than being lighter weight ?

Kind regards pc3

Jbehredt

I ordered my frame with normal profile composite stays. Never could shake the idea that I could get a better fit with aluminum so I picked up a set used on here to try. Fine tuning them to a perfect fit was well worth the time and couple oz.

kong

Get both. For how little they cost, decide what works best and sell what you don’t use.
This makes sense. I tried both they both seem fine. Right now the composites are in there but may try aluminum on a training hump. See what's more comfy and sell the others with the pack I want to sell.

hammer0419

This question has been asked a thousand times and I have responded a thousand times. Aluminum all day everyday! Would you prefer to have an okay fit and save a couple of ounces? OR.... would you prefer to have a perfect fit and save those few ounces on another piece of gear?? I don't think it's a really question. You carry a hundred things in your pack. You're telling me you can't find a few ounces to save amongst all those pieces? High quality 7075 stays can be molded to your back for shear perfection! THE PERFECT FIT WITH A PACK? IT'S WHERE IT ALL STARTS!!!

zacattack

This question has been asked a thousand times and I have responded a thousand times. Aluminum all day everyday! Would you prefer to have an okay fit and save a couple of ounces? OR.... would you prefer to have a perfect fit and save those few ounces on another piece of gear?? I don't think it's a really question. You carry a hundred things in your pack. You're telling me you can't find a few ounces to save amongst all those pieces? High quality 7075 stays can be molded to your back for shear perfection! THE PERFECT FIT WITH A PACK? IT'S WHERE IT ALL STARTS!!!
Looking at the website I don’t think they offer aluminum stays with the duplex lite anymore.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nriver1