Kifaru Aluminum or Composite Stays

pc3

WKR
Folks what is the consensus on which stays to order, aluminium or the light weight composite option ?

Are there advantages/disadvantages to each other than being lighter weight ?

Kind regards pc3

Jbehredt

WKR
I ordered my frame with normal profile composite stays. Never could shake the idea that I could get a better fit with aluminum so I picked up a set used on here to try. Fine tuning them to a perfect fit was well worth the time and couple oz.

kong

Lil-Rokslider
Get both. For how little they cost, decide what works best and sell what you don’t use.
This makes sense. I tried both they both seem fine. Right now the composites are in there but may try aluminum on a training hump. See what's more comfy and sell the others with the pack I want to sell.

This question has been asked a thousand times and I have responded a thousand times. Aluminum all day everyday! Would you prefer to have an okay fit and save a couple of ounces? OR.... would you prefer to have a perfect fit and save those few ounces on another piece of gear?? I don't think it's a really question. You carry a hundred things in your pack. You're telling me you can't find a few ounces to save amongst all those pieces? High quality 7075 stays can be molded to your back for shear perfection! THE PERFECT FIT WITH A PACK? IT'S WHERE IT ALL STARTS!!!

zacattack

WKR
This question has been asked a thousand times and I have responded a thousand times. Aluminum all day everyday! Would you prefer to have an okay fit and save a couple of ounces? OR.... would you prefer to have a perfect fit and save those few ounces on another piece of gear?? I don't think it's a really question. You carry a hundred things in your pack. You're telling me you can't find a few ounces to save amongst all those pieces? High quality 7075 stays can be molded to your back for shear perfection! THE PERFECT FIT WITH A PACK? IT'S WHERE IT ALL STARTS!!!
Looking at the website I don’t think they offer aluminum stays with the duplex lite anymore.