Kifaru Antero 2.0

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I was excited when I saw Kifaru was making an updated Antero. I've had one since they first came out and just got another for my son to use at school since he kept destroying cheap packs.

After I saw the video, I'm a bit disappointed. I really like the organizer pocket on the back of my Antero and it doesn't look like the Antero 2.0 is compatible with it.

Squirrels

WKR
I was excited when I saw Kifaru was making an updated Antero. I've had one since they first came out and just got another for my son to use at school since he kept destroying cheap packs.

After I saw the video, I'm a bit disappointed. I really like the organizer pocket on the back of my Antero and it doesn't look like the Antero 2.0 is compatible with it.
At $415 it should check all your boxes and be perfect you....if it does it does, but if not....ouch

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
I looks really nice. I do, however, think a little more built-in organization for edc would be fitting, not to mention a blk color way. Maybe black is coming back in the future. I couldn't say , ..........

Would be $460 including tax and shipping. I wonder if we’ll be seeing less K stuff up on the classifieds as the cost of replacement is getting outta hand.

JGTWI

WKR
I was excited when I received the email today, and liked the look of it initially. But I agree that more organization would probably be necessary for me to consider it as an edc pack or for travel. And the price…ouch.

Grumman

WKR
Would be $460 including tax and shipping. I wonder if we’ll be seeing less K stuff up on the classifieds as the cost of replacement is getting outta hand.

Yep, I think I’m priced out on these. That’s steep for what I would use it for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozzy841

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in agreement on the price. Way too steep for me. I'm also disappointed that they no longer offer a gray or foliage type color. Kifaru has basically priced me out of all their new gear. They are turning into hunting gucci. Thankfully all their gear lasts pretty much forever so I'll just be sticking with some of their older stuff.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
It seems like half the people love the new design and half are wanting the Molle back. I agree with the needing more color choices too. One of my Anteros is in the black Kryptek camo. I would love to see them bring Kryptek patterns back.

I have been pretty shocked by some of the price increases as well but it seems to be happening with every product.

I bought a new F350 in 2018 (paid cash) and my dealer called me late last year and offered to buy it back for more than I paid. The problem is the replacement was going to be over $100k and I would have to order it and wait.

RAPTOR

WKR
It seems like half the people love the new design and half are wanting the Molle back. I agree with the needing more color choices too. One of my Anteros is in the black Kryptek camo. I would love to see them bring Kryptek patterns back.

I have been pretty shocked by some of the price increases as well but it seems to be happening with every product.

I bought a new F350 in 2018 (paid cash) and my dealer called me late last year and offered to buy it back for more than I paid. The problem is the replacement was going to be over $100k and I would have to order it and wait.

Maybe selling me that black kryptek antero would help take the sting out!

colersu22

WKR
I was hoping to pick one up as well when I went to order one a few weeks ago and saw it wasn’t an option. The lack of webbing you mount an organizer pocket and the price I’m out.

I just wanted one for my work backpack to carry a laptop, code book, daily journal and pens/pencils which can be done way cheaper.

Sadler

WKR
I guess I’m in the minority. I’m not a fan of molle on my every day stuff. That’s why I never bought the gen 1. I saw a teaser of this one dang near a year ago so I was pretty excited to see the email yesterday and ordered one up.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

That’s the whole thing. I get offers from people to buy stuff I have all the time, cars, snow mobiles, snow blowers…but even when making money off sales like that, you can’t buy new shit. I wanted to repaint my house this year but paint prices…..I bought a new boat, paid in full cash, it was 30k, 5 years ago I could have bought waaaaay more boat for 30l

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I’m in the minority. I’m not a fan of molle on my every day stuff. That’s why I never bought the gen 1. I saw a teaser of this one dang near a year ago so I was pretty excited to see the email yesterday and ordered one up.
I don't particularly like the Molle either. The good part about the Antero was that the organizer pocket covered all of it. Just four tab loops for attachment would have been perfect and I think would have made everyone happy. At least I already have a couple and I'm sure more people will be selling to grab the new one.

colersu22

WKR
Well I just went for it so hopefully it will work out for EDC. Not sure if they had a stockpile or not but if I get it before Wa turkey opens I’ll take it and use it as my daypack.

Sadler

WKR
I don't particularly like the Molle either. The good part about the Antero was that the organizer pocket covered all of it. Just four tab loops for attachment would have been perfect and I think would have made everyone happy. At least I already have a couple and I'm sure more people will be selling to grab the new one.
I bet you could have @pods8 do something like that for ya. Or maybe that chamber slider could work where you’d put a laptop?

shipb

FNG

I was also disappointed when I saw it. I like the look of the old one much more, and how it doesn't sit above your neck when it's tightened up. It also seems a bit lower quality than the Gen 1