Kifaru Antero vs. Shape Charge

redbaron

FNG
I already have the Antero but I'm considering switching to the Shape Charge and I was wondering if anybody had experience with both bags.

It will primarily be used for EDC (laptop, lunch etc.) with some one bag style traveling and some light day hikes/diaper bag duties with the family. Kifaru website lists the dimensions for both bags and they're listed as almost identical in size, but for some reason the Shape Charge looks significantly larger to me for some reason. I'm 5'8", and I really like the height of the Antero, at 19" tall it fits my back pretty well without making it look like it's swallowing me up. Wondering if the Shape Charge will be similar.

If anybody can post pics of the bags side-by-side that would be really helpful too.

RS3579

WKR
I had both. I still have the antero. It seems smaller than the shape charge. I have 2. 1 as diaper/kids bag and 1 for hunting. I’m same height as you. The shape charge would hit back of my head. My wife likes how the Antero is very comfortable and fits everything we need as a day bag. I personally am very happy with the functionality of the Antero. We added a Kifaru organizer pouch. It adds that little extra that sometimes you’d like to have.

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
Here's a pic I stole from Bender a few years ago. I have the SC and I can say, I like the pack but I don't like wearing it without a belt. I'm 5'9" btw.P3.jpg

Maclowry

FNG
I have the shapecharge and my buddy has antero. Both are great. I was looking for a deal on a used antero, but recently picked up a hooligan.

OP
R

redbaron

FNG
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I'll stick with the Antero, but I may pick up the Shape Charge for a dedicated light hiking bag. That picture really shows how different they are in height. Kifaru lists the Shape Charge as 1/2" taller than the Antero, but I wonder exactly where they measure this from, since it looks way taller than 1/2" in that picture