Kifaru Bag on an Exo K2 Frame

Has anybody attached a Kifaru Bag to an Exo K2 frame? Let me know if this would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the opposite and it works great. Not sure if that helps but most guys go with the Kifaru frame/exo bag combo if they're gonna mix and match.

OP
SoCalMuley
I do the opposite and it works great. Not sure if that helps but most guys go with the Kifaru frame/exo bag combo if they're gonna mix and match.

Ok Thanks, I just happen to have a Kifaru bag and see some Exo frames in the Classifieds the Kifaru frames go fast! I’ve run the Duolex and the Bikini both were great.

XRoss93

FNG

If you don’t mind me asking why do you prefer to run the EXO bag instead of a Kifaru on the Kifaru frame.

CJF

WKR
If you don’t mind me asking why do you prefer to run the EXO bag instead of a Kifaru on the Kifaru frame.

I do the same, as do others (if you search the subject you'll find a thread or two on it). I like the simplicity of the exo bag, and when I converted I liked the "load shelf" capability, which wasn't available on Kifaru packs. If I was doing it now I would probably go with a Kifaru bag.

OP
SoCalMuley

Is the sleeve on the top of the Bag the same size?

OP
SoCalMuley
Cool Thanks for the input. Yeah I have a bunch of extra buckles.

dwelk

FNG
I have the Kifaru bikini frame and High Country bag and was wondering if the Exo 4800 would fit the Bikini. I like the additional pockets and functionality of the Exo bag. I emailed Exo and will post their response for others.

I have the Kifaru bikini frame and High Country bag and was wondering if the Exo 4800 would fit the Bikini. I like the additional pockets and functionality of the Exo bag. I emailed Exo and will post their response for others.

I'd be on the fence about that.
The kifaru bags have a pocket basically that goes across the width of the bag.
The Exo is made to sit atop a cross bar. And the bag has holes for the load lifter tabs to poke thru.
On my duplex light I'm a little worried the holes mite slip down over the top of the frame uprights once I really load it down.
Hopefully that system doesn't shit the bed while I'm packing out.
I don't exo is gonna answer that.
They want to sell you a frame too.

I like the layout of the Exo 4800 bag better than Kifaru's bags and the comparable Kifaru bag is way heavier.