Kifaru belt on 2018 exo frame?

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
Has any body tried to frakenpack a Kifaru duplex belt on an exo 2018 K2 frame? Love my Kifaru hunter frame but wanted to try out the flexibility of the K2 frame with out loosing the support of the Kifaru belt.

Squirrels

WKR
Yes, I have done it. I stitched a piece of velcro on the Kifaru belt like the EXO belt has. Worked well.

OP
Q

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
Cool. Do you have any photos? Would love to see them if you can find the time.

Seems like the best of both worlds

OP
Q

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
Gotcha. Seems you build attachments and modify packs? I was thinking of a Kuiu 5200 on a Exo frame with a Kifaru belt. Could you stitch and modify these together?

OP
Q

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
Got some items on eBay. I will reach out to you when I get the new pack items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesseb

WKR
I have done it with both a coyote brown 2016 k2 frame and then a 2017 ranger green frame. I added about a 4x6 piece of Velcro and I use the lower should straps off the duplex belt and then use the k2 lower shoulder straps as “X” shaped cross cross straps up to the upper horizontal k2 straps if that makes sense. I then made a custom bag and lid out of olive green XPac x42 waterproof fabric with ranger green side pockets etc. turned out great. I have ladder locks towards the bottom to use the duplex delta straps as well. That pack bag and lid may be for sale soon as I am working on a few new designs. I may sell my modified ranger green small belt too. The problem with the kuiu bags is that they are extremely un-waterproof!!

OP
Q

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds awesome! Can you upload photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caochs

FNG
Cool. Do you have any photos? Would love to see them if you can find the time.

Seems like the best of both worlds
Qfrog: Did you ever try this mod? I'm wanting to do the same thing and trying to get some feedback from someone who has done it. Thanks.