Kifaru belt on a K3 frame?

JNDEER

WKR
I know there are some guys good with sewing and making mods. Anyone make a way to attach a kifaru belt to a K3 frame or know of someone good with the sewing machine to try and make one? I want to try this and I think it can be done with someone who knows what they are doing?

6.5x284

WKR
Man I want this so bad. I even bought an extra Kifaru duplex belt just to send in with my K3. Would be the perfect pack in my opinion. If you find a way let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
Are the K2 and K3 frames different where the belt slides through? I put a Kifaru belt on my K2 frame a few years back and it was pretty simple. I don't recall exactly but I think all it took was maybe adding some velcro to the belt. I've got a heavy duty (but not commercial) sewing machine that I would have used. My sewing skills are mediocre at best but you don't see any of it once installed. If I remember correctly you end up with an extra strap on the belt that you don't need and can just cut it off.

I've never actually seen the K3 frame and it could be different from the K2 where the belt slides through but if not, its a pretty simple install. The Kifaru belt gives the pack a plush ride and I've had no desire to upgrade since making the switch.

Good luck.

Paladin

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
They are different Paladin- not as easy as a swap and go.

6.5.. RIGHT!.. Was hoping someone with some skills could figure it out. I have an extra kifaru belt and extra wings from the k3- but it would need some good sew work to get it to work out.

Will try and keep this alive for a while in hopes someone sees it who has either done it or knows someone who can.

6.5x284

WKR
First trial went well. Did a 3 mile with 50 Lbs to test. Felt so good I’ll go ahead and go forward with figuring out a custom piece to fully integrate it.

4fd985e68edc55409290f57364541585.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello, I just bought a kifraru belt to put on another brand pack. curious how you got the lumbar pad, did you cut it off a frame or can you buy them separately somewhere?