Kifaru Belt Size

jlh42581

WKR
Anyone buy up a size? On the charts im a MD and i can get the pulls enough to pull it down but I feel like they should be 6" longer so i can get one hell of a monkey fist grip. I ordered the pack with my actual measurements.

Should I go from the MD to the LG? Im a 36" waist, 36's fit perfect in pranas, kuiu, sitka, FL

OR... will i find this to be a bad move? Anyone else tried this?

XMP

FNG
I wouldn't go up. Yes, you can get a better pull. But with a heavier load when you want things nice and tight, a bigger belt can "bottom out" on the buckle. If you run out of slack, which can happen with a bigger belt, you'll be frustrated.

It would probably be better to DIY some extra strapping onto your regular size or tie a loop of paracord, if you want that extra leverage.

Medium.
I wear 36s in jeans, 37-38 in the Kuiu/Sitka.
Just got my kifaru in and there is zero issues with this sizing for me. Kifaru customer service will answer all your questions.

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
Im a 34 waist and I would trade my medium for a small today. I can still get the belt tight enough to hold weight but I am out of room. If I drop any weight this summer Ill be out of adjustment. Id rather be on the other end and have all adjustment left to me as the pack gets heavier and compresses.

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't size up. I have a 36-37" waist, med. belt and they are a little short when it's loose but when I put a load on I'm about half way with the straps tight. I would be afraid of running out of strap if I was running a large belt.