Kifaru belt wearing out?

ridgefire

WKR
When do you know it's time to replace a belt on a Kifaru Duplex frame? I have had my frame for a few years now and it almost feels like it's getting worn out. It's still comfortable but I can start to feel the weight in my lumbar area when under load more now than when new. What you think?

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
Sometimes a good wash can help re-fresh the foam but over time and with lots of use it will break down and saturate with sweat and lose its ‘loft’. Id give them a call but you could be due for a fresh set of straps or even just a new foam lumbar insert.

OP
R

ridgefire

WKR
I didn't know you could just buy just the foam insert. I will look into that. Here is a picture of the wear.

Attachments

• 20210730_162020.jpg
    20210730_162020.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 69
OP
R

ridgefire

WKR
I adjusted my frame a little as well to see if that helps. It may have been riding a little high.

Wrench

WKR
I had to sew up mine on a hunt because the shoulder strap almost ripped off the belt. This is something everyone should check. It showed wear before I left for my last trip....but a month on the mountain was too much for the old girl.

I will probably add some e6000 and a wear pad on my other Kifaru belts to eliminate this from happening to them.

As for pulling you backwards, think center of gravity......where is yours? It's different for a tall, short, fat, skinny......etc. find your CG and keep weight as close to it as possible. Load the belt as much as possible and you'll be fine with minimal shoulder pressure.