Kifaru Belt

kong

Lil-Rokslider
The backpack shootout discussed the Kifaru belt slipping and being readjusted. Have that same issue plus I would think putting a stiffener in the belt to stay area would help. Also, what is the typical response time for Kifaru cs response to website issues as the forgot my login doesn’t work which I emailed them about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't get my kifaru belt to stay up on a packout this year ether. And I had it sucked down like a griddle.
Guess it's mostly my body type.

Tested out an x curve last week and it seemed much better and just stopped and checked out seek.
I'm planning on ordering a seek setup. I didn't get to test it real heavy but it seemed great🤞🤞🤞

On the login issue if its been so long that its been since the website update you have to create a new account.

The first thing I’d check would be the pad to belt attachment in the back. I experienced a little slippage a while back but when I undid the Velcro in the back I noticed the belt wasn’t situated just right back there. After the adjustment I haven’t had an issue. Can’t remember if this was with the Tactical or the UL frame as I’ve been going back and forth this year from 1 frame to the other with my Hoodlum. Watching the videos and making adjustments got me to notice that I didn’t quite have the bag adjusted or attached perfectly. Again I can’t remember which frame it was but all is good and I couldn’t be happier. One of the beauties of these products is the adjustability and relative simplicity for the average user to make adjustments on the fly. The videos are an awesome tool if you don’t want to send it in. We should all know our packs inside out the same as we do our bows or firearms.

zacattack

WKR
The backpack shootout discussed the Kifaru belt slipping and being readjusted. Have that same issue plus I would think putting a stiffener in the belt to stay area would help. Also, what is the typical response time for Kifaru cs response to website issues as the forgot my login doesn’t work which I emailed them about.

You may have the wrong stays. You’d be surprised at how big of an impact it has. I had a similar problem, new stays and problem solved. Also remember their frames have a ton of adjustments, you may just need to keep tweaking to find your fit,

OP
K

kong

Lil-Rokslider
You may have the wrong stays. You’d be surprised at how big of an impact it has. I had a similar problem, new stays and problem solved. Also remember their frames have a ton of adjustments, you may just need to keep tweaking to find your fit,

I have both composites and aluminum. Will go back to aluminum and see. Have been fiddle f-n around with mine each time.

OP
K

kong

Lil-Rokslider
I couldn't get my kifaru belt to stay up on a packout this year ether. And I had it sucked down like a griddle.

Tested out an x curve last week and it seemed much better and just stopped and checked out seek.
I'm planning on ordering a seek setup. I didn't get to test it real heavy but it seemed great

On the login issue if its been so long that its been since the website update you have to create a new account.

Just bought something earlier this year after the update.

that's it, they all fit a little different, so finding the ones that fit you is key (or adjusting other ones to your specific build) we are all shaped different, and i even assume we like to haul weight a little different (i like a shorter torso than my actual torso measurement)

the 2 that work well for me over 80# are EXO and Kifaru, with Kifaru having a slight edge there. the Seek didn't work for me... wanted it to, adjusted it all sorts of ways, just couldn't get the load to suck in for me... i'm in the minority there, they seem well liked by about everyone, but i got to do a side by side comparison with over 100# both times with 2 different packs, a couple days later (my whole buck + gear, then my sis in law's whole buck + gear, same distance, same ridge, just different sides... basically the same walk... it was night and day for me... one kinda sucked, one was cake. i really wanted to like it... i did like it, they are great packs, well built, well thought out.... just didn't fit well on my body.

best thing someone could do is buy them all, return the ones you don't like/keep your favorite. not very practical, but would help... there will be one that just fits and rides well with weight, for me, that's kifaru, might be SO for you

Marble

WKR
The only time my belt has slipped on my kifaru is when I wear a lot of clothing. Seems like the clothing moves around, belt gets loose and then stuff starts moving.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

arock

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't had any issues with my kifaru belt. I did unvelcro the lumbar pad and I adjusted it after the first half dozen or so times carrying weight on it. Same with the shoulder straps. Its canvas and velcro, stuff will stretch and move eventually. Otherwise couldn't be happier with it.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I have both composites and aluminum. Will go back to aluminum and see. Have been fiddle f-n around with mine each time.

I think the person was referring to semi-flat vs curved.

bat-cave

WKR
My hit belt in my 44 Mag kept slipping out during a heavy packout this year. When tight it carries amazingly well, but I did have to stop on a very regular basis to crank it back down again. I need to reach out to Kifaru, but have yet to do so. I will be surprised if they don't have suggestions on what to do as I have friends that did get adjustments made that resolved their issues.