Kifaru Bikini/MR Longbow

edg1967

WKR
Has anyone that just got a new Bikini Frame tried the frame with any MR packs? I'm particularly interested in the Longbow. I got my Bikini frame this week and have been playing with my DT3 & DT1 bags that I had with my Duplex frame. I like the DT3 for a daypack because of the exterior pockets for organization. However, I do kind of miss my Longbow mainly because of the tri-zip and ease of access to the lower parts of the bag.

I realize my question is sacrilegious, but I'm just wondering how easy it is to put a Longbow on a Bikini and how much modification in needed. I'm not ready to ditch my DT3, but just may use it more for a 2-3 day pack rather than a daypack.

Rockchuck

WKR
I missed the tri-zip too and decided to see what I could do about mixing the tri-zip benefit with my duplex frame. I am assuming attachment is similar between the bikini and duplex. I simply sewed a pocket of sorts at the top for the frame to slip into with cutouts for the load lifters to pass through. Then the compression straps attach to the frame with split buckles I had laying around from mystery ranch and also some buckles I split with my dremel.

Attachments

• 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 116.jpg
    116.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 147
  • 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Higbean

FNG
I've been thinking the high camp bag with a zipper down the front would be cool. You could leave the draw string on top and use a two way zipper so it would zip up from the bottom for easy access.
Heck a one way zipper from the top would be cool too.

The Y zip is a little clunky because you have to unzip the top of the Y a little to unzip the bottom part.

dotman

WKR
I've been thinking the high camp bag with a zipper down the front would be cool. You could leave the draw string on top and use a two way zipper so it would zip up from the bottom for easy access.
Heck a one way zipper from the top would be cool too.

The Y zip is a little clunky because you have to unzip the top of the Y a little to unzip the bottom part.

I was thinking a side mid zip on the highcamp, not sure why butjust sounds handy.