Kifaru Camp Bag Alternative

CLEX

FNG
Anyone using something other than the Kifaru Camp bag in their setup? I'm looking for something dry with easy access. Wondering what you all are using?

I bought a 55L EarthPak dry bag and it worked pretty okay after I cut off all of the backpack strap stuff. A little heavy but about a 3rd of the price of the kifaru bag. Ultimately I couldn't get the camp bag approach to work in a way I liked. Hope you have better luck!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

OP
C

CLEX

FNG
Anyone have any experience with the Eberlestock Zip On Dry Bag?

I use the zpacks airplane case, i haven't seen anything that weighs less than it for the size thats waterproof

ChrisAU

WKR
I started a thread about this a couple weeks ago in the pack section after ordering a Stryker XL and Camp Bag. I wound up getting a ZPacks pack liner dry bag to compare to the camp bag. Its only 1.8 oz and huge,

DDR

FNG
Newbie question: dry bag vs camp bag. Do I need both? Or will a dry bag suffice for both? If I need both, how best to utilize them? Thanks!

Ono

FNG
Newbie question: dry bag vs camp bag. Do I need both? Or will a dry bag suffice for both? If I need both, how best to utilize them? Thanks!
Depends what you are doing. Assume you are referring to the kifaru camp bag? If you want to be light and dry, OR 55L dry bag. If you want heavy, weather resistant, and toughish -> camp bag.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

DDR

FNG
Depends what you are doing. Assume you are referring to the kifaru camp bag? If you want to be light and dry, OR 55L dry bag. If you want heavy, weather resistant, and toughish -> camp bag.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thank you

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
I use the OR 55L with my Kifaru Nomad2 but I can seem to find it to buy a spare (not that I need it yet). Works great! Disappointed if its discontinued.

DDR

FNG
Thanks! Looks like I’ll run with a Zpacks dry bag. Not sure what size yet.

Another pretty cool option is the HPG decker pack bags. They come in sil nylon and cordura and have a zippered opening and wand/waterbottle pockets. Not waterproof, but adds some functionality.

DDR

FNG
Thank you! I started following HPG just recently. They have some really nice gear. I will look at their pack bags.

ChrisAU

WKR
Another pretty cool option is the HPG decker pack bags. They come in sil nylon and cordura and have a zippered opening and wand/waterbottle pockets. Not waterproof, but adds some functionality.

I have a Kifaru Camp Bag, two sizes of Zpacks pack liners, and don't even have my Stryker XL yet (supposed to finally get it tomorrow)...I guess I need one of these too :D

I have a Kifaru Camp Bag, two sizes of Zpacks pack liners, and don't even have my Stryker XL yet (supposed to finally get it tomorrow)...I guess I need one of these too :D
I'm considering trying to tape on some wand pockets to the Zpacks bag. Might be a perfect compromise.

DDR

FNG
I’m interested in which size Zpack you favor once your Stryker XL arrives. I’m running the same backpack.