Kifaru Camp Bag Alternative

ChrisAU

WKR
I’m interested in which size Zpack you favor once your Stryker XL arrives. I’m running the same backpack.

I got the big one first and it seems huge, so I went ahead and got the smaller one too. Will post my thoughts after a few days and some mock packs with them.

I have several different sizes of their drybags and i really think the airplane case is the way to go for a camp bag, pretty sure its thicker and bigger than all their other bags and it has a handle, while still being like 3oz. If i dont fill it all the way i just compress it and put it on the load shelf sideways

ChrisAU

WKR
Another pretty cool option is the HPG decker pack bags. They come in sil nylon and cordura and have a zippered opening and wand/waterbottle pockets. Not waterproof, but adds some functionality.

Ordered one of these after your post Wednesday and got it today! I really like this as an option because it expands storage and adds side pockets. Here it is with large FL solitude bibs and a jacket in it, could’ve fit a good bit more in it.

4A9353E4-7CAB-4564-9E59-F23FA893A5A6.jpeg

Ordered one of these after your post Wednesday and got it today! I really like this as an option because it expands storage and adds side pockets. Here it is with large FL solitude bibs and a jacket in it, could’ve fit a good bit more in it.

View attachment 359878

That looks perfect. I wish that HPG made them in something between the weight of cordura and the flimsiness of Silnylon. That bag in xpac would be amazing.

ChrisAU

WKR
That looks perfect. I wish that HPG made them in something between the weight of cordura and the flimsiness of Silnylon. That bag in xpac would be amazing. What Pack setup are you running on the frame?

That’s my Duplex Lite, Stryker XL, and Sherman I just got in yesterday. On the belt I have a Gen 2 mini, Gen 2 water bottle pouch, a marsupial small shotgun shell pouch (awesome for stuffing stuff in), and an Initial Ascent gun bearer lower piece. I used is this morning to pack in bibs and jacket, just stuffed them in the load sling. I’ll likely use the Decker in the future for that.

That’s my Duplex Lite, Stryker XL, and Sherman I just got in yesterday. On the belt I have a Gen 2 mini, Gen 2 water bottle pouch, a marsupial small shotgun shell pouch (awesome for stuffing stuff in), and an Initial Ascent gun bearer lower piece. I used is this morning to pack in bibs and jacket, just stuffed them in the load sling. I’ll likely use the Decker in the future for that.
I know it's a old thread, just wondering how the HPG bag worked out with the striker XL?

ChrisAU

WKR
I know it's a old thread, just wondering how the HPG bag worked out with the striker XL?

I never did use it on a backpack hunt but I did choose it again when setting up a Hellbender. If one is dead set on using that style for a multi day hunt I still think it’s a top option unless weight is the utmost concern, then I’d use a dry bag.

Thanks, I think I will give one a try. At half the weight of the camp bag and some accessable pockets looks good, if it holds up

I sewed my own with HyperD 300. Cost about $10 in material, waterproof, custom sized to perfectly fit the meat shelf/frame height on my Hellbender, and only weighs 4 oz. Easy beginner project.

Interesting, having the ability to taper the bag and make what fits the pack would be nice. I think the hpg sil-nylon bag is worth a try . It's 7.9oz and big enough for some bulky. I don't expect it to hold up to much abuse though.