Kifaru cargo net

I'm trying to sell a few things and get some Cash Flow for a new Kifaru Duplex. Primarily going to use this as a daypack with the ability to pack out deboned deer here in the east. I don't think I need a big bag no matter how small it compresses. I'm doing that now with a 3500 CI pack. It's too bulky. I don't need a water bladder because I carry a nalgene bottle or canteen and, fill it up in the numerous creeks containing clean water where I hunt. So, am looking for a smaller, lighter, more streamlined option.

I've been advised the apollo with meat shelf might not be big enough. Enter the Cargo panel with a Lid or pouch arrangement. Well, being I am a frugal person, I noticed the Cargo net Kifaru offered. All this panel is going to do is pack meat out and, a tree stand in from time to time. So, will the Net suffice in place of the panel? Does it pack as tight to the frame as the panel when not being used? Will bags hang off of it like they will the panel in case I decide t go that route? I just like the idea of a "panel" for meat, with a pocket or lid for bino's, food, etc.... Throw in a dry bag for extra clothes when humping in or out, and I could't imagine a more practical, light, streamlined way to hunt. If there are options out there I didn't mention, feel free to point them out. As, I'm new to the reality that their is a pack company geared toward offering a one frame pack owner so much customization. Thank you before hand for any help you can give. God Bless men

Last edited:

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Exo2000 bag to your list. Works great on a Kifaru Frame. its larger then the Apollo also.

You could easily sew a few pals matrix tabs on the cargo net and make it available to carry belt pouches. Almost did that to the one I had but opted for a bag instead. The EXO crib panel or cargo panel (can't remember off the top of my head what they call it) might work for you also. It's less expensive than the Kifaru model but doesn't allow for all the customization with pockets either.

Thinking again.....how about a grab it and lash kit? You could throw any dry bag, duffel bag, or stuff Sack you have laying around on the frame and just sandwich the meat between it and the frame. The Grab It holds the bottom and the lash kit holds the bag against the meat to the frame. That's a pretty frugal method

Coyote813

Lil-Rokslider
The cargo net holds fairly tight to the frame on its own. Not super tight, but good enough. Run the cargo net, a guide lid and a medium belt pouch on top of the guide lid. Fairly inexpensive, guide lid will hold all your day gear and put your "get to it quick" stuff in the belt pouch on top. Or substitute the grab-it for the cargo net as mrbillbrown said - a lot less straps and buckles to deal with that way and will haul more than you can carry. I can post pics of these setups if you need - I have all the parts

Coyote813

Lil-Rokslider
Pics

View attachment 50351
View attachment 50350
View attachment 50352
View attachment 50353

24" Hunting duplex
Here are the pics, as you can see the grab-it and guide lid are quite large and engulf the frame on their own. The cargo net is nifty and very versatile, but there are LOTS of web and buckles to manage (kind of a pain when you are in a hurry or just dont want to fool with it). For what you described, the grab-it and guide lid sound like a good choice. If you run a nalgene holder and mini belt pouch on one side of your belt, small belt pouch on the other and a med or large belt pouch on top of the guide lid - that is a whole lotta storage for day hunts.

I got the cargo net with big dreams of hauling out 100lbs of sheds per trip - didnt quite work out that way and found myself using the grab-it way more because it is so convenient and easy to deal with. It would easliy haul a hang-on stand or a quartered up whitetail out.