Kifaru Daypack ideas

Hey everyone, I have a 22 Mag right now but I find that I have more than enough room for my normal day hunting equipment. I was thinking about putting a guide lid and a Sherman pocket on a frame and trying that out with some extra straps to haul meat. Figured might as well have dual purpose equipment that could attach to a 44 Mag or something of that size for multi day trips. and Has anyone done anything like this?

Block

WKR
There was some sort of custom super light weight X Pac in the classified that a dude had made,, I’m still kicking myself for not buying it for a day pack! I use the 22mag as well and love it,, but I get what ur sayin, for off season scouting you could def get away with much smaller.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I use an AMR as a day pack and love it. The new Stryker bag may be right up your alley. I'm gonna get one.

Derek0525

WKR
Thats what i ordered the stryker for my reckoning is just to big for day hunts and hiking around. Dont have it yet but hopefully will ship next week. I have used the cargo panel with guide lid and a large pocket on the cargo panel worked pretty decent but will like having the bigger compartment of the stryker from what i have seen.

Couple pics - think this could work - Stryker would be great as well

Attachments

• 0391467C-DCE9-4F9E-9065-5B9884411DFD.jpeg
    0391467C-DCE9-4F9E-9065-5B9884411DFD.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 77209D86-DC0E-447E-91DE-DDD6E49473B7.jpeg
    77209D86-DC0E-447E-91DE-DDD6E49473B7.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 79
It would work. But, I'm going to tell you what I figured out. A guide lid, sherman, quarter panel setup is just a different route then a 22 mag bag, a stryker, or any other true day pack option. Unless you are just doing it to keep from having to spend the money, there is no benefit to the trio versus using a dedicated day bag. However, these are my thoughts only. Its your decision.

WV - appreciate it - was just playing with options I have - my main set up is a Woodsman and I really like that set up for day hunts out to 5 days with lid and pockets.

Mitten32

WKR
WV - appreciate it - was just playing with options I have - my main set up is a Woodsman and I really like that set up for day hunts out to 5 days with lid and pockets.
I have a woodsman and really like it as well, but I do think there is a role for the quarter panel panel/guide lid combo. Honestly it's all personal preference. It's a great day pack option if you're looking to go as light as possible. I personally wouldn't add the Sherman to this set up because I primarliy run this for weight savings and at that point your pretty close to the weight of the woodsman. I take that plastic sheet out of the panel and run a water bladder in that sleeve. Loading meat is also much easier than the woodsman as I can lay the frame down flat and plop the meat right right on it. I don't use the load shelf on the woodsman and the circumference of the bag can make squeezing the meat in a bit of a pain if you're by yourself. The Xpac is cleans off really easy too! Lots of different options which is what makes kifaru so awesome.

Tradchef

WKR
I ran a cargo panel and guide lid this past season due to work limiting me to day hunts and it was great. I think the large compression pocket would be good too if you didn’t want the guide lid.