Kifaru Dominating the Hunting Market

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here’s a few animals I’ve killed. All public land do it yourself. Been using Kifaru for years. Guess that makes me a hipster.

Check out my 174” Colorado shiras moose I killed. :).Hipsters must be good hunters I guess

Killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
The guide told me that "those high power binoculars don't work here"... as he's handholding 10x binoculars looking 2 miles away and the guy with 15's is glassing steady on a tripod. Just made me chuckle.
Where are these great hunting places where less expensive, inferior equipment works and premium equipment does not!!! I'd like to know, because I could save a lot of money hunting there!! 😀

Billinsd

WKR
Haven't Kifaru packs always been modular, well built, and on the heavy side compared to say EXO or Stone glacier? I remember decades ago, before Aron was born that Kifaru packs were heavy duty and on the heavy side? And Mystery Ranch Packs are less expensive, but popular to the general hunting public?

NUGGET

WKR
Here’s a few animals I’ve killed. All public land do it yourself. Been using Kifaru for years. Guess that makes me a hipster.

Check out my 174” Colorado shiras moose I killed. :).Hipsters must be good hunters I guess
Didn’t mean to hurt your feelers. Just got a kick out of trying to say you used it before it was cool. Still laughing about that.

great animals and beautiful field photos! Congrats!

oldhorse

WKR
So......a little off topic, but just my observation. These days the internet has made many of us hyper sensitive. We take offense and react defensively to things people say differently than we would if we were face to face. If the OPs debate had been initiated around the campfire there would have been some spirited debate, some good natured ball-breaking and in the end , we would agree to disagree. The takeaway here, IMHO, is use the gear( pack, bow, rifle, ATV, truck, etc.) that you like. Who gives Flyin F#*k what anyone on an online forum thinks? You do you, and feel good about it. Again, just my opinion. Luv you guys!

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
I think Kifaru is a great company....

While not exactly germane to this thread I’ve had a similar pack selection journey and I love the Seek Outside offerings but would also encourage you to look at hill people gear for simple, hard-use utility. I went to the Ute as soon as Kifaru canned the Argali/Tahr series and have been very happy with it. I’m looking at the Qui-Ya next as I like the 29” frame.

Last edited:
Didn’t mean to hurt your feelers. Just got a kick out of trying to say you used it before it was cool. Still laughing about that.

great animals and beautiful field photos! Congrats!

Your good man. Didn’t hurt my feelings. I just think of hipsters as douche bags who do trendy things.

Yea I was saying my observation of when I started using Kifaru packs how it seemed like they were not that well known like they are today. Which is good. Kifaru is a cool company. They make some great stuff I think

NUGGET

WKR
Your good man. Didn’t hurt my feelings. I just think of hipsters as douche bags who do trendy things.

Yea I was saying my observation of when I started using Kifaru packs how it seemed like they were not that well known like they are today. Which is good. Kifaru is a cool company. They make some great stuff I think
Agreed. I would question anyone that talks ill of kifaru. While I do not use their packs I have hunting buddies that do and no complaints. And I’ve never heard anything bad about their customer service.

prm

WKR

Great pics Justin! Some memorable hunts I’m sure. Someday I need to pick your brain on that elk. Maybe some familiar woods?

PA-R

Lil-Rokslider
I can remember when Aron, was testing packs, he would write revenues on them, using plates at the gym, etc. When he went to kifaru, there was a lot of expertise, that he took over to them. he new what it takes for a pack to carried a load, and hold up under it. Kifaru, for sure has great packs, as EXO and others. They are there to help, lots to choose from.Good luck to all. They all want to help you, with products , service, advice.

Zszumski

FNG
I’ve used other backpacks prior to Kifaru. Had a very painful experience with a badlands. I then found Kifaru packs. Back then they were made in only black color and they had 3 different packs to choose from. I bought a used one to start. I was blown away by the comfort with heavy loads.

I also got into kifarushelters. A wood heated shelter is pretty neat.

Back then Kifaru was almost like a secret club. If you saw someone that used a Kifaru pack it seemed rare and you knew that guy knew his stuff ha.

fast forward a few years to when Aron joined and got Patrick to finally make a pack with pockets! And to do packs in different colors. Kifaru really blew up because of that. Now days a lot of people use Kifaru packs and I see guys with hats and stickers all over. Aron really helped make the secret pack cult known to a bigger audience.

I will always be a Kifaru fan. Their customer service is second to none. American made product and backed by a lifetime warranty! You can’t beat that and oh yea the comfort.

Which shelter is your preference? Looking at the teepee. Any insight?

Which shelter is your preference? Looking at the teepee. Any insight?
I have a 12 man tipi (use it for car camping/ base camps.). It’s like a ultralight wall tent.

I also have a sawtooth that I use for backpacking.
Once you go floorless with the ability to heat with wood it’s hard to go back to a cold floored tent camp

mdkelley

FNG
for me, top quality materials, great customer service and they stand behind their products, made in USA by hunters/outdoorsman, and the people that work there are just great to deal with. I met Aron at an archery show where he was a guest speaker and had my new backpack in the truck. He took the time to help me get it adjusted and explain a few things to me. His attention was 100% directed to making sure I could use the pack comfortably and the company already had my money. They just seem to really care about the customers and making sure the gear works for them. They take the time to talk though your needs and recommend what will work best, even if it may not be from their catalog. Most importantly, the gear works, comes in many sizes/configurations and is durable so I don't have to worry about it and can focus on hunting or being outdoors rather than fiddling with stuff that just doesn't work or doesn't fit. So many of my friends buy cheaper/imported, one size fits all junk and they are always complaining about it or replacing/upgrading due to low quality. Probably the biggest reason for most is the quality and customer service and support before AND AFTER the sale.

I love my kifaru BUT. I just bought a gen 2, 22 mag and after one week of elk hunting it's already coming apart at a seam. I also noticed my gen 2 Nalgene bottle holder is coming apart too. Fortunately pack is being repaired as we speak, just hope it's back home before I leave on a deer hunt. Anyone else noticing any quality control issues with their newer packs/accessories, or was this just a fluke? This won't stop me from buying more kifaru products, but I have to say it is a concern.

OP
trophyhill
after several pack-ins @ around 65# during my archery hunt, i couldn't be happier with my packs. the Hoodlum on the Duplex Light was everything i expected + some. my second trip in was with the DT1/Tactical frame set up. the layout of the Hoodlum is definitely my preference over the DT1 after a side by side comparison. the Tactical frame would be my preference for carrying weight for prolonged distance while the Light is the perfect hunting frame for me and did well enough with the weight that i can and will use either one for either situation. or both situations. with 2 herniated discs, the Tactical frame is definitely what my back prefers. guess i have to get another Hoodlum for the Tactical, or try out a Reckoning to see what all the hype is really about on the Reckoning. one thing for sure though, the Hoodlum is a badazz m'fer and will be hard to beat by any pack bag including a Reckoning. goodluck out there guy's. shoot straight 🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹

Last edited:

Elkobsessed

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting to see all of the great experiences people have had with Kifaru CS, particularly with Aron. My experience was quite the opposite. Maybe he was just having a bad day when I dealt with him but he came off as incredibly defensive and territorial. I get the feeling he is great as long as you are "kissing the ring" but turns quickly if you don't agree with everything he says?