Kifaru door gunner

TubbsTru

WKR
Got mine today. Exactly what I wanted. Only thing was there were plastic zipper pulls instead of the normal cord. Why? Not sure. Changed it immediately.

Anyways, feel free to ask questions.

shotgunwilly

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine on Tuesday , only a few miles on it so far, but it’s very functional, I definitely like the stays in a smaller pack better than a frame sheet

Got mine today. Exactly what I wanted. Only thing was there were plastic zipper pulls instead of the normal cord. Why? Not sure. Changed it immediately.
I'm going to be doing the same. I'm assuming it was a cost and/or time saving measure. Think about the time it takes to measure and hot-cut the paracord zipper pulls.

I received my door gunner yesterday too. The elastic side pockets have more tension than I expected. Hopefully that retention holds over the lifetime of the pack.

I like the side compression straps. They are exactly like the antero...low profile and simple.

The door gunner should fit my needs better as a small stand-alone pack. Better than the quandary or native.

Pardner

FNG
How's the top pocket? For comparison purposes, how many pepsi cans do you think you can you fit - 1? 2? 1.5? Thanks.

I got an Urban Zippy 6ish weeks ago with these pulls. I decided to just try them out knowing I could replace them with paracord if I wound up not liking the new ones. Not a complaint yet.

Anyways, feel free to ask questions.

OP
oldhorse

oldhorse

WKR
Received mine on Wednesday. Loaded it up with 20 Lbs and tried it out around the house. So far, so good. Hoping to get some field time on it soon. As to the zipper pulls, a friend of mine received a ranger green Xray on Wednesday and it also has the new plastic zipper pulls. I guess it's the new standard, at least for the smaller packs. I haven't tried getting a 12 ounce can in the top pocket, but I think it would be very tight. As far as EDC goes, it depends on what you carry. It's a tall, slender pack, more of a "summit pack" in my mind. You could probably get a tablet or a smaller laptop in it, but not a larger one. IMO there are better EDC options available.

OP
oldhorse

oldhorse

WKR
Update; you can fit a 12 ounce can in the top pocket, with room for a couple of granola bars. My laptop is 10" x 15". It fits, just barely, but it's awkward.

Fishhead

FNG
There never seems to be enough loaded pack pictures out there. Pictures would be great! Some pics of the pack being worn would be good as well...

jasone

FNG
these are the only customer photos of that pack i can find. thank you! the stretchy coyote fabric looks very reddish compared to the coyote straps and zips. is that an illusion from the lighting or is it really like that? would you mind telling your height to get an idea of scale?

TubbsTru

WKR
That’s an illusion - it’s definitely coyote!
I’m 5’9” 190lbs.

Make no mistake: it’s a lean and trim little pack. But perfectly unobtrusive and very, very comfortable. I ran an Urban Zippy for a while and this thing blows it away in comfort.

All that said, wouldn’t mind a little more space. If they ever make this same design in like 1800 ci I would be pulling the trigger immediately.

OP
oldhorse

oldhorse

WKR
I have been out twice with mine so far. Both 3-3.5 mile training hikes, steep up and down trails with some light bouldering. I'm really liking this pack. I bought it for short, fast trips and summits. Sorry, no pics yet, both hikes solo. I will try to get some pics this weekend.

jb79

WKR
I have been looking at these for EDC, it would need to hold an IPAD pro with normal accessories and possibly a pair of gym shoes and shorts, do you with the pack think it is feasible?

jarredelectric

Lil-Rokslider
Just arrived. So far I love it. Got it for a photography and local hike pack. It’s bigger than I thought. Has lots of organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk