Kifaru Duplex Lite 26” frame weight

I have the newest model Kifaru duplex lite 26” frame with a small belt. As advertised by Kifaru this frame should weigh 3 lbs even. On 3 separate postal type scales and another hanging luggage scale I have at home my frame is over 3 lbs and 9 oz. To me this is a major variation between advertised weight. I am understanding for things to weight 1-3 oz more, but over a half of a pound is a big deviation. With the 9 oz over weight for the frame a 5 oz more than advertised weight for the cavern bag I am nearly a pound over what I was expecting. Is anyone else having similar experiences?

scp

Lil-Rokslider
There was a thread similar to this a little while back. It spiraled a bit. Recommend you contact Kifaru. They were quick to help the poster, and once again earned their reputation for great customer service.

Did you get aluminum stays instead of composite? That’s roughly a 9oz difference in weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My AMR bag specs at 3#4oz with basic lid. Remove the basic lid (-3.5oz), chamber pocket (-1.5oz), swap pulls and draw cord to 2mm reflective, cut off the folded tag ends (for easier use with auto lock buckles), swap regular buckles for auto lock buckles, personally added a pals matrix the lower front and top of bag (for belt pouch use), and added a pair of tab loops to run without a lid and my bag weighs 2#10oz.

All of that to say.....your Cavern bag weighing “heavy” could be a number of things that alter the stated weight by a few ounces. A change in lid or buckles can add up quickly with so many on the bag and straps.

My advice.....call the shop and discuss it with them. If that doesn’t suit you, call Aron directly. His number is posted all over the inter-web and if you can’t find it I’ll be glad to share it.

OP
E
I do find it interesting as this thread has been posted I get on Kifaru website when trying to click on specifications tab under the duplex lite/ultralite frame it does not open the normal tab and redirects to the top of the page. Feel like some editing is being done at the moment.

OP
E
My AMR bag specs at 3#4oz with basic lid. Remove the basic lid (-3.5oz), chamber pocket (-1.5oz), swap pulls and draw cord to 2mm reflective, cut off the folded tag ends (for easier use with auto lock buckles), swap regular buckles for auto lock buckles, personally added a pals matrix the lower front and top of bag (for belt pouch use), and added a pair of tab loops to run without a lid and my bag weighs 2#10oz.

All of that to say.....your Cavern bag weighing “heavy” could be a number of things that alter the stated weight by a few ounces. A change in lid or buckles can add up quickly with so many on the bag and straps.

My advice.....call the shop and discuss it with them. If that doesn’t suit you, call Aron directly. His number is posted all over the inter-web and if you can’t find it I’ll be glad to share it.

I agree and can understand the weight difference being minimal, it is worth a side note the weight on my scales is without the chamber pocket, without additional compression straps, male side buckles and even includes me swapping out all 550 zipper pulls for a thinner and lighter 2mm pull tabs.

OP
E
I don't want or intend this thread to turn into a heated battle or low ball offers from individuals. A simple question was asked if other users are experiencing similar weights for bags and frames.

tdot

WKR
I was just on the Kifaru site, it shows up with the same information that was listed there a month ago when I ordered my frame.

There has been a few threads on Kifaru weights not matching their website. I'm supposed to receive my new frame and bag next week. I'll be interested to see where my setup weight lands.

I don't want or intend this thread to turn into a heated battle or low ball offers from individuals. A simple question was asked if other users are experiencing similar weights for bags and frames.

My apologies - I was trying to be funny and wasn't intending my low ball offer to be taken seriously, again you were asking a serious question and I didn't take it serious - again I apologize

Bozz

FNG
I do find it interesting as this thread has been posted I get on Kifaru website when trying to click on specifications tab under the duplex lite/ultralite frame it does not open the normal tab and redirects to the top of the page. Feel like some editing is being done at the moment.

So much for your conspiracy theory.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190611-185105_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190611-185105_Chrome.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 120

Dusty2426

WKR
Aron was saying on a podcast that there was an issue with they weighed the prototype pack instead of the finished product. couldl be where the issue was? as far as a pound goes my pack out isnt so critical that i worry about " almost a pound" hell what i had for dinner changes that much from day to day

TravisIN

WKR
From what I’ve seen Kifaru is one of the most transparent companies there is so thinking they are editing something seems a little paranoid. I’m sure if you just call them you’ll end up satisfied one way or another.

mro

FNG
I just ordered a 26" duplex light with a small belt and the long shoulder straps. I'll weigh it and post back when it arrives in a few weeks.

mro

FNG
Just weighed it today at a postal store. Grey 26" duplex light with long shoulder straps and small belt weighs 3lbs 7oz. The 24" bikini with small belt weighed 2lbs 6oz.