Kifaru Duplex Lite Squeak

For those with the new Kifaru duplex lite and ultralite, have any of you noticed that it squeaks a bit when you hike? Mine squeaks like a mofo, not all the time but sometimes, and I'm curious if others are experiencing the same thing.

JPD350

WKR
I have the regular hunting frame and it squeaks a bunch too, it was just a little to start off with but the squeak gradually got much worse, my guess is that something isn't adjusted right but I can't figure it out. There are two straps that hold the shoulder pads and that is where my squeak is coming from, my remedy which sucks! was to cut pieces of thick socks which I wrapped around the shoulder pads where they come out of the back padding, every so often I have to re-position the pieces of sock because it slides around and then it starts squeaking again.

OP
MuleDeerMike
Thanks for the reply. Mine is also getting progressively worse and I believe the squeak may be coming from the same spot as yours possibly. Sometimes it's brutally annoying and other times it's silent.

Call the shop. Pretty sure they can help diagnose and treat over the phone. If not....I’m sure Aron wouldn’t mind helping out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had squeaks in a few packs that were fixed by spraying the contact areas with silicon waterproofing spray.

I located the squeaks and lathered on some boot dressing and melted in with a hair dryer. Usually a stitch point. Solved it.

RBHunter

WKR
Wierd question but what are you guys wearing for clothing? I have the duplex hunter. Wore it with no issues. Then one day it seemed to make a squeak that was super annoying. I eventually figured it out. I have an orange under armor vest. With the big "horn" x on the back. Whatever that x is made from does not like the back material of the pack. Changed orange and it fixed it.

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
my duplex light done it bad. Seemed like it was worse when when i had 50 plus pounds in it. Mine came from the rod that connected the frame on top

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
So how’d you fix the squeak?

Ended up selling it and went back to a duplex hunting frame. The duplex lite killed my shoulders with 50# or more in it. It definitely was worse when I first got it and kinda “broke” in a bit and it didn’t do it as often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you lumbar pad is stretched tight and latched good Mike. I've owned three kifaru frames that I trained, hunted, and carried dead stuff in. Never had this problem at all. with the new lite or hunter frames

mt100gr.

WKR
I had a squeaky duplex for awhile. It drove me nuts. I finally tracked down the multiple squeaky connections and used bowstring wax to treat the straps that were making music on plastic buckles/common loops, etc. I have found that dry webbing on dry plastic will start to squeak - I have had it on the hip belt, load lifter buckles, shoulder straps...