Kifaru Duplex Ultralight Compatibility with new Exo K3 pack bags

frosty_1

FNG
Does anyone have any experience fitting an Exo 3200 or 4800 K3 pack bag on a Kifaru Ultralight frame? How do the bags fit on the 24" frame? Any modifications needed or direct fit? Anything special I need to order if I order a bag from Exo?

Scotto

WKR
No experience with the combo above, but the K3 1800 fits perfectly on my 24" Kifaru Duplex. Some extra Rock Lockster buckles were handy.

Are there any differences in attachment from the k2 to the k3?

I use a k2 3500 on my kifaru frame and its one of my favorite all around bags. A set of kifaru compression starps and the exo lid straps is all I have on mine. I didn't even cut off the exo buckles just in case I wanted to sell it. But I've been using for probably a year and half and should cut them off since I don't see myself getting rid of it.

Any way to post a video of the process
Idk how to post a video and have my frame set up differently for shed hunting.
But I think your over thinking it.

Just slide it over the top frame.
Loop the straps on bottom of the back thru the plastic loops on bottom of frame and cinch down.
Then what I did is put the Rocklobster buckles onto the kifaru straps that way I didn't have to modify anything.
Other cut the buckles off the bag and use auto locks.
Some just leave the rocklobster on the bag and snake in the auto locks as well.

Then just attach the lid straps to the top side loop and up to the lid. You will probably need an extra set of rock lobster here.

Scotto

WKR
As stated above.....Kifaru compression kit for attaching sides to frame. Pick up 4 Rocklockster males for attaching the Kifaru compression straps to the EXO bag sides. Run the bottom straps through the Kifaru slotted buckles on the bottom of the frame.

IMG_0662.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0665.JPG

Hunter270

FNG
Does this setup still allow the use of a load shelf between the Kifaru frame and the Exo bag?

Kostrize

WKR
For guys that have done this, how tight of a fit is the bag to frame?

Last edited:

tanto

FNG
The Kifaru guide kid kit also works well for this application. Comes with 4 compression straps with k clips sewn in and a male/slotted female buckle on the opposing side. Simply cut off the female buckles from the bag, and use the kifaru straps to attach the bag to frame. This gives you auto locking kifaru buckles as opposed to the standard rocklockster buckles. Exo bag attaches to the kifaru frame like it was made for it. Top of exo bag Velcro’s around the top of the frame. I’m still playing around with the lid and accessory strap setup for the top of the bag to the top of the frame while load hauling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tanto

FNG
Kifaru sends 4 of these in the guide lid kit.
65a97e0c91e2650ee9c7f617e5a262d1.jpg

All you have to do is cut these off …
ef9fc06f1fbf8e32ec42cfca5956f513.jpg

And install the kifaru straps!
d662ea7373f01aa56d3f40992c6bdfa9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kostrize

WKR

Thanks for the responses. Found this old thread on the topic, figured it deserves a bump

sivart

WKR
wheres the best place to buy the rock lobster buckles? All i can find is black

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildmeadows