Kifaru E&E as a lid?

Lawnboi

WKR
I ordered an e&e for all around beating, biking, working out, shooting and to use as a breakaway pocket. Has anybody thought about replacing thier lid with an e&e?

It would be nice to have a small break away pack for fishing, scouting, or even going on a stalk. I never cared for hip bags like the longhunter lid. They always flop around, or are making noise. So I figured an e&e would be a perfect replacement for my lid of my T1. Simple, out of the way, and easy to access.

Its a little heavy, for the standard one, but it looks like it would be easy to accomplish with the KU e&e as well, and that one is pretty light. I ordered 4 female buckles along with my e&e and im from the looks of it i shouldnt have a problem with mounting it as a lid.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a G1 E&E and honestly not sure how you would go about attaching it as a top lid. Mine has been on my G2 longhunter as an extra pocket at times, but never as a top lid.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
The 2 compression straps look like they might work. I will just have to change the buckles accordingly. I'll be trying this on a t1

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
If I put females on the straps that are attached to the pack, then put females on the opposite side of the e&e, it looks like ill be able to clip the e&e to the pack mounted lid straps and the vertical compression straps.

dotman

WKR
I would think it would be about the same as the longhunter lid currently offered. Same size if I remember and both have strapping to pack alone.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
I use a KU E&E in a configuration similar to a top lid on my KU 3700. I added two loops where the shoulder straps go. I cut the shoulder straps off but can reattach them using the loops. I attach the top of the E&E to the webbing on the exposed stays of the KU 3700 using G-hooks so it sits on the top of the pack when the pack is full. The side straps on the E&E attach to the KU packs in the normal way. When the pack is compressed in day pack mode it looks and operates more as a back pouch. When I want to get into the main body of the pack I disconnect the side compression straps of the E&E and flip it over the top of the pack.

I didn't even think to use it as the top lid on my T1 but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I let a friend borrow my T1 so when I get it back I can see how it works.

E and E

I have a KU 2200 with a KU E&E. It attaches on the top front sides or bottom. Actually it really rides well on top. So makes perfect sense to replace a top lid with the e and e. my use is actually what I wanted mine for. A short day pack close to camp. Fishing pack. I just put day essentials in mine to keep it light weight. You can pimp out your E&E by adding a water bottle holder on either side.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I cant wait to get it and try it out, ship date of 11/26. Though the standard is a bit heavy, i wanted a pack i could beat around town as well. A KU may be in the near future though strictly for backpacking if this works out well.

I think it will be awsome for my intended purpose. A small pack i can break away for stalking, fishing, scouting, coving ground after camp is setup, whatever.

Another awsome thing about it: i keep my headlamp and other essentials in my belt pouch on my T1. After i break away the E&E with 2 clips i can take my belt pouch containing all my little essentials off my T1 and slap it on the E&E. Then ill be ready to go in no time. Not only that but ill have a small pack that is completely out of the way and not hanging off my hip.

dotman, it is the same size as the longhunter lid. I got a chance to fondle a longhunter lid recently and am glad i didnt buy it for this purpose. Its nice, but i dont like having things hanging off my hip, especially if im crawling on the ground. There always in the way and annoying IMO. also the longhunter also dosnt have alot of organization or modularity like the E&E does. But its at almost the same weight. And with the KU E&E it would be a mere 9.5oz added for a fully functional, break away lid, that would replace my standard lid on my T1.

you will love the size of the E and E. I am able to put head lamp game bags, para cord knife, saw and jacket, filter bottle and still a little over half full.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I built a DT3 for a buddy and used the E&E for the lid. Attaching it wasn't difficult with all the buckles and pal webbing on them.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry Franklin, the pack is with a buddy now, but I know he used it all year and had no issues with it. I will send him an email and see if he can forward me pictures, but don't hold your breath, this guy just got rid of his "pager" about two months ago.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
If your still interested in photos franklin i can get them for you. I got my E&E and all the appropriate hardware. I initially ordered the wrong buckles but thankfully kifaru took care of me :)

All strapped on as a top lid on my T1 it looks PERFECT for what I want it to do. The E&E is just a little heavy, but its built like a tank, i think I could drag that thing behind the toyota for a few days and it would still function just fine.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR

I made a new thread with all kinds of pictures. Is on the second page of this forum now, right at the top. I tried to send you a pm when I made it so you knew it was up but your box was full.

When you do see this, your box is still full

Last edited: