Kifaru "flat back" composite stays

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just wanted to let everyone know that Kifaru is now offering the composite stays in the "flat back" option.

I've been testing these for over a year and this should cover just about about any body type.

Just out of curiosity, my pack works great with MOST loads. But when it gets heavy, and i really crank on the "load lifters" the pack seems to pivot on the middle of my back and push the lumbar pad away. After this i really have to snug (i.e. peg out) my belt straps to keep from the load sliding down my ass.

I have the regular composite stays on my DT3 now, will these "flat back" ones be what fixes my problem?

thanks

Joe

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
Aron - Please post some pictures of a standard composite stay side by side with a flat back composite stay when you can. Thank you.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
Just out of curiosity, my pack works great with MOST loads. But when it gets heavy, and i really crank on the "load lifters" the pack seems to pivot on the middle of my back and push the lumbar pad away. After this i really have to snug (i.e. peg out) my belt straps to keep from the load sliding down my ass.

I have the regular composite stays on my DT3 now, will these "flat back" ones be what fixes my problem?

thanks

Joe

"really cranking the load lifters" sounds odd, and wrong to me. "Gently snug" or just "snug" is the term I most hear used for load lifters.

"really cranking the load lifters" sounds odd, and wrong to me. "Gently snug" or just "snug" is the term I most hear used for load lifters.

thats what i mean, for the most part when i have daypack stuff in it i don't pull it tight much at all. But when I have a heavy load, I have to pull them a fair amount harder to get the lift I need. I talked to aaron about it and it sounds like these may be what I need.

By the way, aaron has to be one of the best people in this sport, great to have a guy like him on your staff. If I had any sort of outdoor product, I would let him tear it apart, tell me what to fix, and immediately put him on pro staff.

Joe

luke moffat

Super Moderator

When I get up over 75-80 pounds I'm no longing just snuggin' 'em up but cranking down on 'em pretty good, but thats just me.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Well, they're available to order if you call:)

I'll check with Nate (IT guy) in the morning and see what's up.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just checked and they are in the shopping cart and available as an option when you buy a pack.

I will make sure we get it as a solo option when I'm in the office tomorrow.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
When I get up over 75-80 pounds I'm no longing just snuggin' 'em up but cranking down on 'em pretty good, but thats just me.

Luke,
What does that do for you? On all my packs it just puts a lot of pressure on the front of my chest.

I just pull load lifters snug enough to pull the frame to my back and keep the entire shoulder harness so it has nice even pressure all over from my shoulder blades to my chest.
Cranking hard on the load lifters for me will only serve to try and squeeze my chest between the harness and the frame making it so there is lots of pressure on my shoulderblades and chest, but little on top of my shoulders.

For me, if I was having to resort to what you are doing, it would make me feel the harness was set too short for my torso when under heavy load. I would adjust the harness longer and then see how it fit.

Good chance what I do is right for me, but wrong for someone else. These velcro adjustable harnesses are sure nice for adjusting fit. Im always interested in hearing and trying what works for others.

I just ordered a set the other day. I didn't think I had a FLAT back but definately had discomfort in the Lumbar area. I did change out my lumbar pad and put in aluminun stays but if I can save some weight it would be nice.