Kifaru Frame Gap

6.5x284

WKR
Anyone ever sew a bomber piece of cordura between the frame stays on the Duplex? The open V between stays seems to always have a bone or piece of camp work it’s way to that spot and I feel it on my back. Wondering if a piece of bomber fabric sewn really tight between the stays (think like an EXO frame) would stop items from getting to my back. I never had this with my EXO and they just have fabric there in a much bigger gap. Anyone else ever notice this? Maybe I just have a freak shaped back…not looking to add the weight delta by going to the tactical.

Anyone recommended to tackle said project?

d60d648e6a2a038a5c7d52cefdc8844f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
Not fabric but I have seen pictures where people used paracord on the bikini frames which had the same gap. I have packed out 5 animals with mine and never noticed getting poked in the back. I did get blood on my back from an elk quarter last year but that has been my only complaint about the gap. I do with Kifaru kept the tri glide mount so I could use the meat shelf of my woodsman like when I use my tactical frame.

No issies with my Duplex UL poking thru. Sounds like it could easily be rectified in how the load is packed.....

OP
6.5x284

6.5x284

WKR
No issies with my Duplex UL poking thru. Sounds like it could easily be rectified in how the load is packed.....

I’m sure you’re right. I noticed it first with rock salt and sand bags training. They work through the gap until it’s flat against my back and would be slight pressure but no ventilation. But with taking note of what items go there (no stove for instance) I bet it would be a non issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zdub02

WKR
I've had some items poke through the gap before. Just rearranged how they were packed and no more issues.

I think anything you add will probably get you close to tactical weights.
But u have thought about something similar because I have white/chaulk elk sheds rubber the frame and just would like a nice Cordura barrier.

Only thing I'd suggest is having @podsmake a panel that is narrow enough to have straps going out to the loops to tension it.
But then your frame loops will be sucked in

I know u don't wanna here it but I think the answer is a tactical frame.