Kifaru frames

I'm torn between 24 or 26 inch and the lite vs tactical. I'm 5-10. Any personal experiences for one over the other?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
5’11” and the 24 is perfect for me. Plenty of lift with heavy loads and super comfortable. I’m actually considering picking up a 22” to use with an Apollo bag as my day hunting pack.

madcalfe

WKR
what's your torso size?
I'm 5'11 and own both the lite and tactical in 26"
I also have a stone glacier Xcurve their frames are also 26" but a kifaru 26" is about 2" higher when stood side by side. I don't think you can really go wrong with a 26" frame as long as you don't have a super short torso plus the 26 will haul heavier loads a little better
I don't have much time with the lite frame as i mainly use the tactical and i have no complaints about it at all.

the main thing ill say about the kifaru frames are make sure you get the right stays. I had some semi curved and I got the worst pain in my lumbar with 40lbs. switched to curved stays and 70lbs is comfortable as can be.

ZDR

WKR
I think you might be better off with a 26" but a call to Kifaru would be helpful. Great folks to work with.

what's your torso size?
I also have a stone glacier Xcurve their frames are also 26" but a kifaru 26" is about 2" higher when stood side by side. I don't think you can really go wrong with a 26" frame as long as you don't have a super short torso plus the 26 will haul heavier loads a little better
I don't have much time with the lite frame as i mainly use the tactical and i have no complaints about it at all.

the main thing ill say about the kifaru frames are make sure you get the right stays. I had some semi curved and I got the worst pain in my lumbar with 40lbs. switched to curved stays and 70lbs is comfortable as can be.
Would you say that the SG frame is closer to the 24 inch duplex lite frame in height?

madcalfe

WKR
Sky talus 6900 and kifaru hoodlum 26” tactical. I do believe the duplex lite might be a little shorter than the tactical but don’t quote me on that.

182EE544-EBDE-40AA-AA05-CA1CD1E3770C.jpeg

Having tried all versions back to the original duplex, I would get the new lite frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 26” tactical frame and it’s awesome but did have a problem on a hunt where I used a bike for part of the trip. Being bent over on the bike required me to lift my head to see straight ahead but the pack was in the way. I’m 5’11. I’m waiting on the 24” lite frame as I think it will be a better fit for my uses.

Jbehredt

WKR
If you were to order a kifaru frame tomorrow. Would you get the tactical or light frame?

I went back and forth at the store for hours between the lite and tactical. They have chains there to try them on with weight. I couldn’t get one to feel more comfortable than the other and the tactical had the additional attachment point for my exo crib load panel. No regrets with the tactical. My wife has a 22” and loves it.

madcalfe

WKR
If you were to order a kifaru frame tomorrow. Would you get the tactical or light frame?

uhhhh i dunno i have both and ive only used the light frame once. i mainly use the tactical cause i like the stiffness of it and i actually like the closed frame design more because i hate stuff poking at my back.
im sure which ever frame you go with you wont be disappointed.

MattB

WKR
what's your torso size?

To the OP, I would read this post twice. Torso length is more important than height.

pc3

WKR
I went with the Tac Frame it is comfortable but I have not hauled large loads with it yet. I figured if I was to have the one frame, i'd get the most rugged/capable. I added a Ma deuce on special the other day....so maybe I may buy a lite frame at some stage and put the 44 mag on that. If i get to go on that mountain hunt in the future i'll use the tac 26" frame.