Kifaru Gen 2 Water Mod?

Anyone got any ideas on modifying a kifaru Gen 2 bottle pocket elastic strap to stop snagging on brush? It's gotten pretty damn annoying.

Mitten32

WKR
Go with the gen 1 haha... I have a gen 1 and didn't really see the appeal of the gen 2. Plus the gen 1 holds the smaller version of the Phelps bugle tube perfectly since the bottom is open.

Go with the gen 1 haha... I have a gen 1 and didn't really see the appeal of the gen 2. Plus the gen 1 holds the smaller version of the Phelps bugle tube perfectly since the bottom is open.

Agreed with this. The Gen 2 is a great dump pouch for the quiver system to hold releases and odd items, but the gen 1 is the better bottle pocket.

I ended up cutting and knotting the elastic strap. IMO in came way longer than necessary. Now that it is cut, it does not get snagged on anything and I can still cinch it down if I want to use it as a pocket for something.

Why does the elastic cord have to connect to the nylon loop. I would just disconnect it from the nylon loop so it’s just free hanging and doesn’t create a loop.