kifaru grab it question

dbaker

Lil-Rokslider
can anyone tell me what the kifaru grab it lash kit is? the one thats offered as a 6$ option on the website. im assuming its the strap required to hold the top of a bow to the pack... thanks

KMT

WKR
I bought the lash kit last year with the grab it. It's basically what you said...another strap. I also bought 2-3 other straps. It's kind of nice to have a few options for holding something down, whether its antlers or anything else.

2ski

WKR
If I can kind of piggy back onto this with another grab it question, where/how would you attach a grab it to just the Duplex frame without a pack on it. I'll order the pack in the next few days now that I have my bonus, but in the meantime, I ordered the frame separate with the grab it a month or so ago and received it last week. I've never had a pack this customizable, and I'm at a loss for what some of these buckles and clips are used for. I guess just an idea of where to start, and then I can come up with some other ideas.

Whisky

WKR
I think we should see a detailed Grab It w/ lash kit installation video, also detailing 3 bar sliders too (attaching pockets, etc)...:D

I know I'm a dummy because I don't know how to properly get it attached. I've had it on a couple different ways, but i know it isn't right. I have no buckles with the Grab it (just 3 bar sliders came on it), so what I'm doing now is robbing them buckles off one of the lash straps for quick use of the top two Grab it straps.

UPnorth

FNG
If I can kind of piggy back onto this with another grab it question, where/how would you attach a grab it to just the Duplex frame without a pack on it. I'll order the pack in the next few days now that I have my bonus, but in the meantime, I ordered the frame separate with the grab it a month or so ago and received it last week. I've never had a pack this customizable, and I'm at a loss for what some of these buckles and clips are used for. I guess just an idea of where to start, and then I can come up with some other ideas.

My plan has been to attach the bottom of grab-it (two three bar sliders) to the two common loops on the bottom of the frame (opposite the lumbar pad). Unfortunately, when Kifaru shipped me my frame a few weeks ago, they forgot to sew on those two common loops during manufacturing. (the frame is on its way back to me, hopefully with common loops attached :)) This set up is for use in conjunction with a HPG C25M pack bag. However, I was still able to rig things up with the lash kit so I could use the pack over Memorial day weekend. I attached the female side of two buckles to the bottom-most, downward oriented nylon loops on the frame. (hope that makes sense, really need pics) I then put the male end in each buckle and threaded the three bar sliders on the grab it through them. (where you would normally thread a piece of strap) You then have a bunch of options for the top attachments. I would say experiment until you find something you like. Hope this helps a little.

You also might find this thread useful: http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=32983&highlight=cargo+panel+mount
It's for the Cargo Panel, but same idea, especially at the bottom of the frame.

Last edited:

2ski

WKR
Alright. That helps a ton. I was kind of thinking that way with the female part of the buckle, but wasn't sure I had the right idea as I wasn't sure if they would stay on with the gap in the middle of the bar of the female buckle. As far as the three bar slider through the male end, I would never have thought of that and it may stay on forever with as long as it took me to get the three bar slider through the male end. I think the top can attach in a similar fashion. But thank you a ton. I'm starting to wrap my head around this now.

And just so I have my terminology correct, the common loops are at the very bottom orientated up while the ones you used are the two orientated down with the plastic two-bar(?) slider?

2ski

WKR
Also, whats this about directions on that kifaru forum thread? I receives a duplex frame, a grab it, two straps with buckles on each end which I assume is the grab it lash kit, a plastic bag with two extra buckles and two plastic clips kind of in the shape of a "z" that I'm curious the use for, and an invoice but I don't see any directions. Should there have been directions that I need to call kifaru to see about getting?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Also, whats this about directions on that kifaru forum thread? I receives a duplex frame, a grab it, two straps with buckles on each end which I assume is the grab it lash kit, a plastic bag with two extra buckles and two plastic clips kind of in the shape of a "z" that I'm curious the use for, and an invoice but I don't see any directions. Should there have been directions that I need to call kifaru to see about getting?

You can call the sales rep @ 720-937-1418 and he will walk you through everything.

2ski

WKR
20130604_170921_zps3a974eab.jpg

20130604_170859_1_zps0e59ee97.jpg

2ski

WKR
I assume that's you Aron? Thank you, I will do that sometime this week probably. I think I have a workable solution with the grab it. Looks pretty sweet if I do say so.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In the bottom photo you can see 2 plastic common loops. You take the 3 bar sliders and stick them through those common loops.

The two straps and buckles are a lashing kit, and those can be used just about anyway you can imagine. The female side of the buckle is open slotted, so any common loop will work with them.

The black Z clips can be used to attach the bottom of the bag to the bottom of the frame, but I'm not sure if your bag needs them or not.

Either way, call anytime and we can shoot the chit.

UPnorth

FNG
2ski,

Thanks for posting those pics. After seeing your frame, I see that Kifaru neglected to sew on the bottom common loops AND the bottom two nylon loops on my frame. I hope they caught it, because I didn't notice/know that they were missing. Guess I will find out Friday. I had to use a higher set of loops, but I did exactly as you pictured with the buckles.

WP_000073.jpg