Kifaru Grab-it & Sherman Questions

86indy

Lil-Rokslider
Hi guys, I’m all around new to the idea of western hunting and packing meat so bear with me. My trip is a year plus any how. I am getting really close to pulling the trigger on my Kifaru frame and need a little insight with the endless options with Kifaru. The main purpose of this will be to start rucking and understanding what carrying a load might actually feel like, it gives hiking a purpose now. I like the idea of the Grab It and the Sherman Pocket but I’m unsure they work well together for carrying a load such as a sand bag, does anyone use these two items together for load carrying? I’ve read they are both kind of interchangeable but I would like to use the Grab It to carry the load and Sherman pocket to just carry personal items in.

More info about myself:
I see myself using the Grab It to actually hunt and haul meat. I also like the Nomad in which the Sherman pocket could go in the center of and expand the Nomads carrying capacity or to carry a rifle. I like the idea of training with the bare bones frame and weight but when my hikes grow in distance I can see myself wanting a large pocket to pack lunches and such. I tend to not like the idea of the Cargo Net as I don't see myself using it once the pack is on the frame in comparison to the Grab-it or the Sherman.

I hope my intentions and ideas are clear any help or pictures would be appreciated!

stump06

WKR
The Sherman can replace the grab it all together. I usually clip my sand bag in against my frame and run my grab it or sherman up and cinch that down. Its a great piece of kit

Here is a photo of a grab-it on a 26" duplex hunter frame holding a 67# sand bag. There is no bag on the frame the straps are directly connected. My frame is modified, you could do this with one of the new light frames but not with a stock Duplex frame.

OP
86indy

86indy

Lil-Rokslider
Great thank you guys! Im going to run with the Sherman

aamir200

Lil-Rokslider
I'm interested in this as well. The sherman is definitely on my list and seems like it would work great for training.