Kifaru Gun Bearer FTW

ID_Matt

WKR
Wanted to give another kudos to the kifaru gun bearer. I have used it for years and love how it carries the gun and keeps it accessible while still using trekking poles. Never had to make a quick shot with it until this weekend... jumped a buck at less than 50 yards on our way in to camp and killed him at 75. My cousin behind me had his gun strapped to his back pack and said i shot the buck before he could even think about where his gun was. This is a legit piece of gear and could make the difference on killing or not killing.
b35c61b57e24fd2a197f5bf9fe29c3d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mod7rem

FNG
Same here, I’ve been using one for 13 years or so and would be lost without. I have one on my big pack and one on my day pack.
I used to just have one that I’d switch back and forth but one year on our stone sheep hunt I forgot the top strap at home on the day pack. Had to field rig a strap with buckle which worked out ok, but I still bought a second one when I got home 😆

OP
ID_Matt

ID_Matt

WKR
Used it on quite a few... MR Metcalf, MR Beartooth, and now a SG 5900. Works great.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
Dangit...who’s got one for sale?!?! Been also looking for one for a change it up rifle hunt this year.

I bought one a few weeks ago. Plan on using it for a cow elk hunt next weekend. I got tired of using a sling. Pumped to use it!

Congrats on the buck btw!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Dangit...who’s got one for sale?!?! Been also looking for one for a change it up rifle hunt this year.
I'm not sure which one you're after but I just ordered a universal gun bearer with the long strap right off of Kifaru's site. Estimated ship date is Monday. I'll probably go between it and my Stone Glacier QR strap depending on how quickly I'll need access to my rifle.

Great buck! Thanks for the real world endorsement.

Another Gunbearer fan here. I’ve used mine for about a decade now.

I like it because it’s comfortable to wear and easy to go hands free while hiking. Keep waiting for that one buck to step out and let me try it on the quick draw like you did!

Last edited:

Mac7

WKR
Nice buck congrats. Yep gunbearer is great been using one for almost 20yrs. Same one been on multiple packs probably should order another.

Savage99

WKR
What packs are you using it on? I’ve been considering the Kifaru universal for my SG 5100.

I have a universal on my SG 6200 right now. I choke the bottom strap as much as possible and back toward the frame.

The Angelo Kid

Lil-Rokslider
Question for folks that have one. It appears the Kifaru Pack Only one would fit on the Mystery Ranch Guide Lite MT Frame belt. Anybody have any experience with this?

Congrats on the buck!

I've used a Gunbearer to carry my bow since I bought a Kifaru Longhunter pack and GB back in 2000. Works very well! and you can get the bow in action almost as fast as if it was in your hand Once in a great while I even carry a rifle or shotgun in it.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I think a universal gunbearer would work on any pack with a decently rigid waist belt and a sternum strap.

i love mine. it's actually faster to draw than a regular sling, and way less of a pain in the ass, and i don't have a sling flopping around. it's a great design, and i cannot imagine finding something i like better. quite a few knock offs, but none seem to work like the kifaru, which is surprising being such a simple concept.