Kifaru Gun Bearer issues

Elite

WKR
Hey everyone so I bought a universal gun bearer a few years ago. I am wondering how everyone has them set up? I have already fought with mine. It seems no matter how I set it up the rifle wants to twist around so the scope is facing down toward the ground. I seen on their website they have the shoulder strap around the scope? I would think this would fix my issue but not to keen on using a strap on my scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of my rifles do this too, especially those with huge scopes. I don't let it bother me.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I find if I tighten the shoulder strap well my rifle stays upright unless I'm engaging in acrobatics to move over bad terrain. Hanging the buttstock cradle as far back as possible in my waist band and removing all the extra length also helps.

I'm using a Kimber Montana with an 18 oz scope.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Some of my rifles do this too, especially those with huge scopes. I don't let it bother me.

My scope is on the smaller side. 3-9x42. I have tried to ignore it but when I am climbing up a steep mountain with loose shale it drives me crazy when the rifle is twisting around

Try adjusting the buttholder up as high as you can. I put my shoulder quick release under my top sling swivel and keep it tight around my shoulder strap. Most of my rifles actually sit slightly under my arm so they cant twist around. I do use smaller scopes no bigger than 50mm at the largest.

I’ve used one for years and never had the problem of the rifle rotating or moving.

I finally found the sweet spot with it so the stock holder (lower part) is further back, and the upper strap goes around the upper end of the stock- above the scope.

This allows the barrel to lean forward and away from my head. I used to keep the barrel closer to my head but it would get in the way of my hat brim.

I’ll try to find a picture.

Mine does it with a regular/non-huge scope. I decided to stop fighting it and just secure it with the scope down. Took a short adjustment period but now I don't even notice the minute movement to rotate my rifle upright upon release. The scope rubs my arm less with the scope placed down anyhow.

rodney482

WKR
From that picture, I am thinking that the holster is way too low. When I ran mine, it was much higher, which is a benefit given the buttstock will be closer to position in the event the need for a snap shot.
I dont like the barrel above my head

From that picture, I am thinking that the holster is way too low. When I ran mine, it was much higher, which is a benefit given the buttstock will be closer to position in the event the need for a snap shot.

I agree- that’s too low.

Here’s how I had mine with a muzzy last year. Since this picture I adjusted it with the buttstock strap further back on the hip belt and the barrel a little further away from my head.

84eb4719ffb4e831c5b685bd14061a70.jpg

I sewed on a 1/2" piece of webbing with a adjuster and attach it to one of the common loops on the bottom of the frame to keep it from twisting around. You could always just use a piece of paracord or whatever you have laying around also.