Kifaru gun bearer moving elevation turret while hiking?

So the last few times I’ve gone out I’ve done a bunch of hiking with my rifle in the gun bearer. On top of the scope i have a soft leupold neoprene cover. After I get home I’ve noticed that my scope turret dual has been moved a few moa. This past trip it moved a bunch and I shot a buck. I was all excited and forgot to double check the scope. Got lucky and killed eat even though the scope was way off. Any ideas on how to prevent this? Just be more careful checking? What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Move it higher on you pack shoulder strap. Depending on the pack I am using, the upper strap is around for upper forend, or around the barrel. Or, could you just be hitting it with your shoulder as you hike?

Are you carrying the rifle scope away or towards you? I carry mine scope away, or upside down if that makes sense

OP
Hectocotylus
Move it higher on you pack shoulder strap. Depending on the pack I am using, the upper strap is around for upper forend, or around the barrel. Or, could you just be hitting it with your shoulder as you hike?

I have the upper strap right under where my bipod attaches

I have the upper strap right under where my bipod attaches

Then I do not see how the strap could be doing it. It sounds like you are somehow hitting it as you hike. You can try to raise or lower the lower stock bucket. Or you could twist it prior to putting the stock butt into it. I do this so that I can rest my forearm on my scope sometimes, especially if it is raining.

You might try loading it “upside down”. For me it works a lot better.

Or like bubble hide is talking about, adjust gun height

OP
Hectocotylus
Then I do not see how the strap could be doing it. It sounds like you are somehow hitting it as you hike. You can try to raise or lower the lower stock bucket. Or you could twist it prior to putting the stock butt into it. I do this so that I can rest my forearm on my scope sometimes, especially if it is raining.

Thanks for the ideas.