Kifaru gun bearer on Exo pack?

PA Archer

FNG
I see that kifaru makes the gun bearer as a universal option and was just wondering if anyone has used it with an Exo pack and what they thought of the setup? Also which size waistbelt wrap works for the exo pack? Thanks!

I see that kifaru makes the gun bearer as a universal option and was just wondering if anyone has used it with an Exo pack and what they thought of the setup? Also which size waistbelt wrap works for the exo pack? Thanks!
love mine on my EXO, i think i got the smaller waist belt option and it works great. i'm using a k3 belt on my k2 frame for what it's worth... don't think that's a factor either way

Whisky

WKR
I have experience with them both on Exo and Kifaru frames. They work the same, great.
I went with the short strap for my K3.

I bought one this year to use on my exo pack. Worked pretty good. A few things though. I have to flip over my gun so the scope is facing down. If not, my turrets rub under my arm. With the scope down the turret now rubs on the hip belt. My arm also fell asleep when I packed an elk and deer. It felt like with the extra weight the shoulder strap pulled away from my arm pit and the weight rested on my shoulder. I probably need to mess with it more but still glad I got it. I cant stand a sling and having to move it from shoulder to shoulder.

I bought the long strap because you can always cut it. I could of gotten away with the short strap.

OP
P

PA Archer

FNG
Thanks fellas for the input, I appreciate it. Guess I'm going to have to invest in one of those then this off season. Thanks again

Yes get one. I have a universal one and have used it on both my k2 and k3. I have seen guys really struggle with these but I found it easy to use. By chosing where you put the bottom mount you can adjust how your rifle sits to account for scopes and such. I also run the top mount completely around my shoulder strap to keep the rifle "tight" in that spot. I have never seen anybody else do that.

mahnster

FNG
I use one on my Exo K2 and like it. I got the long version but the short would have worked without issues.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
On my k3 small belt i use the universal gun bearer, but take the strap that leaves the bearer and loop it under the 2" wide belt strap, and then over top and back through the buckle on the bearer.

If you are having trouble with rifle and scope placement under arm, keep adjusting the shoulder strap buckle location and the bearer height. Even small 1/2" adjustments can make or break the setup.

I bought one this year to use on my exo pack. Worked pretty good. A few things though. I have to flip over my gun so the scope is facing down. If not, my turrets rub under my arm. With the scope down the turret now rubs on the hip belt. My arm also fell asleep when I packed an elk and deer. It felt like with the extra weight the shoulder strap pulled away from my arm pit and the weight rested on my shoulder. I probably need to mess with it more but still glad I got it. I cant stand a sling and having to move it from shoulder to shoulder.

I bought the long strap because you can always cut it. I could of gotten away with the short strap.
i carry mine scope down as well unless it's raining hard... that's the way it naturally wants to sit for me, and it doesn't bother me... all the same in terms of function

I have a universal Gun Bearer on my K3 4800 and love it. I carry my rifle scope up on the opposite side of my side arm. I like having both hands free and no sling sliding off my shoulder. I definitely would recommend the Gun Bearer.

S.Clancy

WKR
I use the Stone Glacier sling on my Exo. I think it's the best way to carry a gun while hunting