Kifaru Gun Bearer Question

Elk_Addict23

Lil-Rokslider
Recently got back from an elk hunt where I lugged my rifle around 80 miles in the Kifaru Gun Bearer. Got home and started cleaning the gun up I noticed the belt of my Kifaru pack rubbed spots of paint away, some finish on the trigger guard, etc. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve moved the system around 100 different times now and there’s no way I can keep it from contacting the pack, at least to where it’s comfortable enough to use.

7396ae31965ff43541c32942eb5a5011.jpg

be7cca1cafb0ef0f416cb5c807e54cd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I only have about 10 miles on my gun bearer, but I don't think I have that issue. It looks like the stock sling of yours has a lot more movement than on mine. Did you try to tighten that up as much as possible?

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
I put the butt holder on my waist belt right side and the barrel strap on my right shoulder harness. This traps the gun under my right arm. It does not contact my pack.

OP
Elk_Addict23

Elk_Addict23

Lil-Rokslider
I put the butt holder on my waist belt right side and the barrel strap on my right shoulder harness. This traps the gun under my right arm. It does not contact my pack.

Exactly how I do it and the wear spot is on my waist belt, I don’t see how it won’t at least rub a little on the belt somewhere. I talked with the rifle manufacturer and they said send the stock back to get redone as it shouldn’t be rubbing off like that against the pack.

I had my 28Nos dipped in FL camo. Used the Gun Bearer and did the same thing in same place almost. I will touch up, clear, and then when using again, will install tape there to act as a barrier. It only happened when I put a lot of miles in the up and down terrain. Bummed me out, but there is no better way to carry a rifle, especially a heavier one, so I will tape rifles next time.

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same holder. Maybe it’s the length of the bottom holder. I have never had a problem mine is on a Kuiu pack though maybe switch up packs. I think it ads character and memories to your rifle.

OP
Elk_Addict23

Elk_Addict23

Lil-Rokslider
I had my 28Nos dipped in FL camo. Used the Gun Bearer and did the same thing in same place almost. I will touch up, clear, and then when using again, will install tape there to act as a barrier. It only happened when I put a lot of miles in the up and down terrain. Bummed me out, but there is no better way to carry a rifle, especially a heavier one, so I will tape rifles next time.

Ya it sucks! My rifle is a Fierce and they said just send it back and they will fix it free of charge. I’ll probably do the same as you and put some type of barrier there between the gun and pack so it doesn’t do it again. I love the gun bearer and agree there’s no better way to carry a gun, especially putting on miles day after day.

Ya it sucks! My rifle is a Fierce and they said just send it back and they will fix it free of charge. I’ll probably do the same as you and put some type of barrier there between the gun and pack so it doesn’t do it again. I love the gun bearer and agree there’s no better way to carry a gun, especially putting on miles day after day.

Mine is a Fierce as well
lol
Maybe it's the gun
:)

Attachments

• fierce28.jpg
    fierce28.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 100
Same here, my rifle and muzzleloader have a few different wear spots like that. I just hit it with a rattle can again. Never have been able to arrange it so something doesn't rub in four years with several different guns.
It's a killing tool, not a piece of jewelry so it never bugged me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I've never noticed wear on my pack belt but my gun bearer has rubbed finish off of my stocks on any gun I've used it with.

Even rubbed a bit, it still beats carrying on a traditional sling. Maybe some preemptive hockey tape is in order?

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
mine also rubbs the crap out of everything, i was pretty sad when it rubbed my new vx-5 down to metal thought, should have paidmore attention to that.

Rock-o

WKR
Mine is set up to carry in the middle of my Hoodlum and I have not experienced this though the setup only has about 30 miles. I expect there to be wear at some point. It's called patina.

tdot

WKR
I've had a gunbearer on 2 kifaru's and 2 Seek Outside, 3 different rifles and a few hundred miles. Zero rubbing on any of the rifles.

6.5x284

WKR
All my rifles do that on the gun bearer. No issue with function, just cosmetic. Lots of battle scars on hunting and match rifles. Like scars on your arm. Builds character and picks up chicks.

ChrisAU

WKR
My Cooper 280AI also has some wear spots from the gun bearer and pack...its character that shows its done some things that a lot of rifles around here don't get to do.

4ester

WKR
It’s a tool….. gets used and abused.

Last year my scope cap damn near cut my shoulder strap off my pack using the gun bearer Spliced it to get through season.

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Similar issue on my universal gun bearer. I notice there is more movement on the universal vs. the Kifaru specific one but seems like it happens on both

Seeknelk

WKR
Mine is a Fierce as well
lol
Maybe it's the gun
:)
Maybe it actually is the gun. I've used gunbearer for 10 plus years...I've had a few polished spots, and it'll wear the pack belt a bit bit I've not had any wear to speak of on my AG composites . Just shined up a little in one spot. That's just a character mark.
BTW, I just installed the slik sling on my left side to test against the GB. Just in testing at home it's actually incredible. Worth the $20 for sure! Puts the barrel behind shoulder and it's super easy to put gun back and ALMOST as fast as the GB getting out. Maybe as fast.