Kifaru Gun Bearer Users...question

With your gun strapped to your shoulder strap and riding under your arm, are you able to take you pack on and off without removing your gun, or do you have to take the gun off each time you take your pack off?

Thinking I could modify my Stone Glacier gun sling and use it like the Kifaru..

You could, but I don't. Just seems easier/faster to take the rifle out. Maybe it's easier to leave it in. I'm also pretty kind to my rifles, treat them fairly delicately. Don't like packs on top of them or them awkwardly in the dirt.

Ram94

WKR
I've never tried to remove the pack without taking the rifle off first. I'm sure it is do-able but probably not a smooth maneuver. The rifle comes off in about a second so it really isn't a big deal.

TheGDog

WKR
I didn't like the way it torque'd on my hipbelt on one side like that. For me it further exacerbated my lumbar injury issues. So just use Quake claw slings.

I’ve taken it off without removing the rifle. It’s a lot harder to put on without removing the rifle than taking off without removing the rifle.

Carlin59

WKR
I do it semi-frequently in day-hunt mode. Most commonly when there is a lot of a snow on the ground and not a good place to hang my rifle out of the snow. Easier to take the whole thing off, lay my pack on the snow, and lay my rifle on my pack out of the snow. Not a big deal when the pack is light; I wouldn’t try it with a heavy pack though.

I have always taken the rifle off first. It is quick and gives me a chance to look it over (make sure the turrets haven’t moved, safety on, etc). Plus being prepared for that one time a 6 pt steps out in the open while I’m taking a leak.

I suppose you could leave it attached but it’s never crossed my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPIDAHO

FNG
I always take my rifle out of my gun sling first because the belt falls away and the rifle slips down and then barrel points at your head! ( dont ask me how I know this- yes I'm a DA) If you then try to put the pack on with the rifle in it is a total PIA.

tdot

WKR
Sometimes I leave it in the Gunbearer, sometimes I release it. If I have my spotter in the backpocket of the backpack, then I'm more likely to release the rifle. If I don't, then i just slip the pack off and lay it on it's back with the rifle on the top of the pack. Otherwise it's random what I do.