Kifaru Hellbender loose on frame?

bisblue

WKR
I'm trying Kifaru for the first time, I've been rocking a seek outside peregrine 3500 for the last 5+ years.

I got a used 26" Duplex frame and a used hellbender. I just can't seem to get the hellbender very tight to the frame, and it has a seek outside redcliff tipi in it to take up space. I want to use if for chasing elk, and since I have pack llamas I don't rock a big pack much anymore.

Any thoughts or advice? I'm debating tossing the peregrine pack on the Kifaru frame as I really like that bag.

Compress_20221101_155044_4783.jpg
Compress_20221101_155045_5109.jpg

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
ill send you a PM after work today on how I keep my hell bender closer to the bag

ill send you a PM after work today on how I keep my hell bender closer to the bag
I'm under the impression that this is just how it carries and is the trade off for such quick and easy access to the load shelf. Mind posting it here or sending me the same PM?

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
I went on a quick hike yesterday and definitely felt it moving while hiking.

The peregrine 3500 bag seems to fit just as good when I used the seek outside straps on it. Will have to play with all the spare buckles as well.

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
Just not a kifaru guy. Fit, weight, cost with all the extras, but mainly the bag kind of loose on the frame. I live in Idaho and traditional archery elk is my#1. Just wanted simple and tight.
I bet with more patience and a blank check book I could have found a kifaru set up that worked well for me, but exo is also two hours from my house...
Lucked into the exo with an 1800 and 3400 bag. Really like the design and fit, gonna give it a try and keep my seek outside in the closet as a backup.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I think the slippery Xpac material vs 500d on the load shelf doesn't help either!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk