Kifaru hellbender with camp bag

Anyone use the hellbender with the camp bag? Mostly need a daypack for training and hiking, but will need more room for hiking and hunting, trips wondering how well that setup works?

prm

WKR
I use a Stryker for 5 day hunts. Hellbender will be fine.

Edit: I use a 51 Liter (~3100ci) OR dry bag for camp gear. The additional bag is 3.6oz. Makes for a very versatile system that is both compact for day hunting, easily transitions to haul meat, and can accommodate gear for 5 days in cool to cold temps (Mid-Oct., CO, 12k feet).

Last edited:

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I use a mystery ranch mule with a dry bag like @prm and it works great. The mule is a little less cubic inches than the Kifaru Hellbender.

I strap my bow on the side instead of back when I’m hiking in initially for better weight balance

Marble

WKR
Anyone use the hellbender with the camp bag? Mostly need a daypack for training and hiking, but will need more room for hiking and hunting, trips wondering how well that setup works?
I hunt primarily with the Hellbender. I really like the pack. Getting and using the meat shelf is easy and works rather well. I have it on a 26" frame.

I have not used a camp bag, but I have put all sorts of other stuff on there, including lots of quarters.

My only complaint is it's strappy. Which is typical of kifaru.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk