Kifaru Hellcat/Nomad 2 combo?

schmalzy

WKR
I didn’t want to clutter up the other Nomad thread.

I keep getting drawn to a Nomad 2 for its modularity but want a way to carry a sleeping bag (WM Apache), MAYBE a bivy, and a small tarp while using the wings for spotter/day gear. My plan is to then use a grab it to haul meat above keeping it closer to top of back rather than low. I could also run a dry bag there for longer trips. .

Has anyone tried running a Hell cat on the lower part of 26” frame with a Nomad 2?

I know it’ll be heavy but in my mind it sounds like it would be a super versatile set up?

If not, any recommendations on a good pocket/pouch?

I hunt TX national forest land and run a tree stand sometimes and also traditional western style hunts in AZ. I have a rambler right now, which is cool, but just not quite perfect yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaultman

WKR
I love the hellcat idea. I have been hunting with a lumbar pack (albeit a different one) for the last 15 years, and they are so great for getting through brushy areas. But that was when I was just day hunting. I asked Kifaru about running the hellcat as a lid and they said that it would not work that way. You may want to email their customer service. I am sure they would be quick to get back to you. They always have for me.
Check out the claymore pocket. It looks pretty good size for a pocket. And of course the native and the nomad 2 go well together.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
If you are a bit creative with buckles and straps im sure there is a good way to hold it on there, but with the height of the hellcat it will be hanging a few inches below a 26” frame if you want it totally below the wings. There are pictures of guys using some of the older dock and lock pockets in that spot or ive run kifaru belt pouches or other generic molle/pals pockets on there depending on what im doing. The nomad is as flexable as you are creative.

OP
schmalzy

schmalzy

WKR
Thanks for the feedback guys. Ideally I think one of the older kifaru pods would fit the bill, just gonna take a bit to find one.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Just to clarify, there are 1" tabs all over the Hellcat for you to attach our K clip straps or slotted buckles to. As mentioned before, it might hang down a little bit but there are enough tabs to attach it to a frame, even as a huge lid if wanted. Shoot me an email if you have more questions on which packs will lego together. [email protected]

OP
schmalzy

schmalzy

WKR
Just to clarify, there are 1" tabs all over the Hellcat for you to attach our K clip straps or slotted buckles to. As mentioned before, it might hang down a little bit but there are enough tabs to attach it to a frame, even as a huge lid if wanted. Shoot me an email if you have more questions on which packs will lego together. [email protected]

Eric,

Thanks a ton! My only hesitation is I wouldn’t want it to flop around too much. Any other ideas for carrying a compressed 15 degree down bag in a bivy? I love the concept of the nomad 2 for day gear would like to have bag along with me Incase I decide to spike.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
The Native is a usual Nomad combination as it rides really well in between the wings and can act as a compression panel. You can also use a quarter panel or grabit to contain a dry sack in between the wings as well. I see people post a bunch of combinations on this forum that always surprise me as well, try searching for some more frankenpacks that people have put together.