Kifaru Hoodlum...what attachments if any?

Just ordered a Kifaru Hoodlum for an upcoming 8 day elk hunt. What attachments would anyone suggest or ignore?

I put a standard lid, 2 medium pouches for my belt, 2 large pouches for the back, and have 2 small pouches that I "could" mount on the standard lid.

Pawvbow

FNG
When ordering pouches and lids from Kifaru is the wait time still as long as when you order packs? Just curious how far in advance to season I should be ordering accessories.

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Even though it's a big bag to begin with, I'd still recommend at least getting a guide lid. If you are going to pack in and not return to the truck until the end of the hunt, you'll need all the room you can get at that time, and obviously if you're successful and have to take out meat and a head.

I have a Reckoning and a guide lid, and that thing has nearly been busting at the seams on pack ins the last 2 years for 7 day archery elk hunts. But I also recognize that I don't have all of the smallest, lightest gear out there. It's all about how you pack!

Last edited:

Trekker

FNG
I run a medium belt pouch on the fold over lid when on day hunts. For longer backpacking trips I just run a guide lid. Its a large pack and with the side pockets I haven't had a need to load the back up with pockets. I did add shock cord on the back like the old timberline bags, which is handy.

When ordering pouches and lids from Kifaru is the wait time still as long as when you order packs? Just curious how far in advance to season I should be ordering accessories.

I doubt it. I ordered a couple large belt pouches and a standard lid a couple weeks in while waiting for my pack and they were in my pack when it arrived.

Rock-o

WKR

My order:

* Duplex Lite frame
* Hoodlum pack - Ranger Green
* Blaze Orange Pullout - large
* Nomad 2 Gun Cradle
* K-clip Compression Kit

All shipped together.

Tsnider

WKR
I got the guide lid, sherman and a few pouches in XPac. Works great on the hoodlum, and at camp ill drop the main bag and rigged up a quick coversion to just the xpac stuff. so ill have a water resistant day pack.

Randall

FNG
Id at least grab a belt pouch or two in whichever size you prefer.

I just ordered some accessories about a month ago and they were at my door in a little under two weeks if my memory serves me right

these packs are just so customizable, (pretty much like a good many of their packs), you can make them fit any hunt or suit your needs and your style with so many options. whats not to absolutely love about that? the reputation is not only deserved, but earned
as well. true hunters have been putting them to the test, and they just keep doing it and proving it hunt after hunt after hunt. great choice in packs!