Kifaru: how to attach meat shelf to frame?

dhmc03

Lil-Rokslider
Reckoning bag. New frame bought in 2019.

Ive watched the kifaru videos and others. In it they show attachment points on the frame for the shelf 3 bar sliders to slip into, both a lower set of attachment points and a mid level set of attachment points.

However the frames in the videos look like older models. And, my frame definitely does not have these attachment points. See pic

How do i attach? Any help appreciated.

a801350e1be2a2f1b55851cfddfce7c0.jpg
e0cbdaa7e64ca13ef6ad0298b62f0794.jpg

Reckoning bag. New frame bought in 2019.

Ive watched the kifaru videos and others. In it they show attachment points on the frame for the shelf 3 bar sliders to slip into, both a lower set of attachment points and a mid level set of attachment points.

However the frames in the videos look like older models. And, my frame definitely does not have these attachment points. See pic

How do i attach? Any help appreciated.

a801350e1be2a2f1b55851cfddfce7c0.jpg
e0cbdaa7e64ca13ef6ad0298b62f0794.jpg

For some reason, Kifaru chose to eliminate the upper attachment points on the newer frames. It sucks.
In your first picture there are two sets of squarish plastic rings on either side of the bottom of the black triangular piece. The upper ones are where you need to slide the metal three bar sliders on your load shelf through. The lower two are for attaching the bottom of you pack bag to. Sorry I don't recall all the verbiage correctly.

matthewmt

WKR
I'd like to see a meat shelf built on to the frame.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'd like to see a meat shelf built on to the frame.

You can use a Grab-it II (or even a sherman pocket) on an empty frame as a load shelf. Works very similiarly to how the SG load shelf works. You could even leave it there and attach your pack bag over the top of it (I wouldn't do that with the sherman though). Still have to detach the upper part of the bag from the frame to load it, but it could very easily be done for packs without load shelfs sewn on.
Would work much better on an older frame or a tactical frame just due to the upper attachment points, but it could still be done with the newer frames.

matthewmt

WKR
Never thought about the grab it! Unfortunately I traded mine a while back