Kifaru knife

carter33

WKR
Got mine in recently, it feels high quality and is well sharpened. It is a relatively short blade and extremely lite but feels thick enough to be used as a utility knife without being concerned about breaking it. I plan on using it to complement the tyto I have while keeping my kill kit lite. Can’t speak to durability though as I don’t have field time with it yet.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Got mine in recently, it feels high quality and is well sharpened. It is a relatively short blade and extremely lite but feels thick enough to be used as a utility knife without being concerned about breaking it. I plan on using it to complement the tyto I have while keeping my kill kit lite. Can’t speak to durability though as I don’t have field time with it yet.

Good info
I love my saddle mountain skinner from benchmade but did like the looks of the Kifaru knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
The good. Lots of value. Quaility, material and fit and finish is on par with other custom knife makers, its priced very fair for what it is( I own about 200 customs so I have a handle on what they run).
It is very lite weight* for comparison it's about half the weight of an EESE azula.
Krydex is excellent.

The ..bad? Maybe other is the right word. The blade any doenst have enough drop, you will find you will need more wrist angle if your breaking meat. The choil if used will put this knife in unnatural postion and finger on the spine makes it more workable.
This isnt a utility blade cut out for any Bush craft.

So what's this knife do for me? ....I am not sure yet.
ad9cc42211ab6b0d798ebdf974c515ed.jpg
b73fe296d91a1c1536d881810f1a8540.jpg
6bbc709e90aaffb95440902e9fe45c17.jpg

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
The good. Lots of value. Quaility, material and fit and finish is on par with other custom knife makers, its priced very fair for what it is( I own about 200 customs so I have a handle on what they run).
It is very lite weight* for comparison it's about half the weight of an EESE azula.
Krydex is excellent.

The ..bad? Maybe other is the right word. The blade any doenst have enough drop, you will find you will need more wrist angle if your breaking meat. The choil if used will put this knife in unnatural postion and finger on the spine makes it more workable.
This isnt a utility blade cut out for any Bush craft.

So what's this knife do for me? ....I am not sure yet.
ad9cc42211ab6b0d798ebdf974c515ed.jpg
b73fe296d91a1c1536d881810f1a8540.jpg
6bbc709e90aaffb95440902e9fe45c17.jpg

I appreciate the honesty on the knife
I don’t have custom knives but I did like the look of this one. I do have a similar knife from knives of Alaska which is the cub model I believe. Wonder if it would be a good upgrade to that knife

Trial153

WKR
I appreciate the honesty on the knife
I don’t have custom knives but I did like the look of this one. I do have a similar knife from knives of Alaska which is the cub model I believe. Wonder if it would be a good upgrade to that knife

I looked up the "cub" I am not familiar with Knives of Alaska. However assuming they know how to treat D2, I dont think your missing anything. Meaning that spec wise, materials and weighy... it's a wash.
Unless you want another knife...well then that's reason enough.

tdhanses

WKR
I really like my Esee Candiru. I have a hard time paying over $100 for a knife, just not sold on them as a blade is easy to touch up.

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
Just got mine today , took 4 days from time of order. Which is awesome . But my question is , what is the best way to sharpen, I don't want to screw this knife up. Anyone have suggestions of a good system. Can I use the pocket work sharp in a pinch if its in my camp bag . And then use my big ken onion work sharp, ????? Or should I be using some type of diamond stone ???? Any help is appreciated .

mcseal2

WKR
I dont have that particular knife.

For all mine I use a Spyderco sharpmaker and strop at home. I have a Worksharp field sharpener along in the truck or base camp for a drop hunt. I probably don’t need it, but it goes with me until I have to start carrying it on my back. My buddy uses his Grandpa’s old Kabar folding hunter that isn’t a modern supersteel so its nice to have for that. In my pack I keep a ceramic steel, thats always been enough.