Kifaru KU 5200

Omh

FNG
Is the Kifaru KU 5200 ultralight backpack worth the cost? Any durability issues? If I rip it, will tent tape hold up for repairs? Any insight on your personal use is much appreciated. TIA

Absolutely worth it…..if you know what it is. It’s a UL hauling machine. But….it’s double layer Kifaru tipi material, not 500D or 1000D Cordura. You’ve got to take a little care and planning when loading it up, dropping it on the ground, or busting thru brush. Takes a little bit to get it adjusted properly compared to today’s fast and easy adjustment style. I was able to dial mine in to fit as well or better than any other pack I’ve owned. I found it carries and haul best when stuffed full. Half or less loaded I’d have to monkey around to get things situated to avoid load shifting. Only having 2 straps per side wasn’t bad but not as good as 3 straps we currently use today. It’s a minimalist pack and works perfectly if you do your part to load it and care for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
What Bill said. As long as you respect the pack's limitations in durability and treat it accordingly, it was a great pack and ahead of it's time. We saw some of the same packs repeatedly come through our repair department for patches because dudes were treating it like a cordura pack or lived in fairly abrasive parts of the world (Hawaiian lava rock). Let me know if you have any other questions.

I think when it first came out there was a pic with Aron carrying out a whole mountain goat in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk