Kifaru KU series

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Becca-

What did you think of the KU material? Was it plenty durable? Also was it good in the rain? It looks like a really sweet set up.

I admit, I was initially a little skeptical....after mostly using heavier weight packs, the KU material looked so thin, I was worried. After a season of pretty heavy use I can honestly say it held up a lot better than I expected. I think I found one tiny tear at the end of last season but it didn't run at all, and also didn't go thru the second layer of fabric so I haven't worried about it too much. Without seam sealing it isn't totally waterproof (though I bet that would help a lot), but the good news is that it doesn't absorb any water, so your pack will never "gain weight" when you are out in the rain. Since we keep most everything in dry bags anyway, a little moisture inside hasn't been an issue.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am sure most of you look on Ebay occasionally, there is KU 2200 for pretty cheap right now.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
So now that i have had a week to play i have realized a few things about the 5200.

1) the suspension really cannot be explained, you just have to try one of thes out to really understand just how great it is.
2) i didn't need a belt pouch, the possibles pouch is more then enough for me.
3) the pack comes with a small pouch, hanging right where the hanging meat bag goes.
4) the suspension rocks, did i say that yet!
5) easy to organize with dry sacks and mesh bags most already have.
6) this thing is so lite
7) i am not at all disapointed i went with this over the t2
8) can't wait to get it bloody, oh yeah the hanging meat bag is smaller then i imagined and would work great as a food hanging bag.
9) grab-it should be ordered along with the pack

Really i was kind of second guessing myself before it arrived, not now this thing is just plain amazing!

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Right on Dotman!! Glad you like it. My wife really likes hers!!! She did have me order up a couple KU long pockets on the side for access to things like her rain gear, headlamp, spotter/tripod, and some snacks in a hurry. Also a KU grab would be a great addition as well. KU packs are fun and I am looking forward to putting some 26" stays in it while my wife isn't looking so I can use it on some solo trips as well. :D

Last edited:

JG358

WKR
They're a pretty neat pack, took all the will power I had not to order one when I was at the plant last Friday.