Kifaru KU series

dotman

WKR
So who else will be using a ku pack this year?

Last edited:

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I posted this over in the women's forum, so apologize for the rerun if you've seen it already. I ran a KU5200 all of last year and loved it. Approx 7 lbs lighter than the MR 6500 I was using previously. Carried weights up to 70lbs well, and cinched down small to use as a daypack when it wasn't full. I am a believer :)
Loaded up with all of camp on a 10 day sheep/caribou hunt in the Alaska Range
IMGP0522.jpg

Heading in for archery spring bear with bikes and BOB trailers
IMGP0163.jpg

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
i'm seriously thinking about it. hard to argue the weight savings.

I wish I could get over the material used for the pack. Awesome amount of weight savings! I might give one a try out in a couple years after the shine comes off my timberline

Yea the KU packs are amazing. I can't get over how light they really are and how comfortable they carry weight. The material is tough like others have mentioned. i have used mine on a few hunts where I beat the piss out of it and it has held up well

cmeier117

WKR
Have you guys ever had a problem with the noise of the material while on a stalk for bow hunting? I ask because yesterday I showed my father in-law the KU belt pouch I had mounted on it and he said, "You are going to take that off for hunting right? It is way too noisy to have on there." Just curious what you guys that have used the KU packs have discovered.

Have you guys ever had a problem with the noise of the material while on a stalk for bow hunting? I ask because yesterday I showed my father in-law the KU belt pouch I had mounted on it and he said, "You are going to take that off for hunting right? It is way too noisy to have on there." Just curious what you guys that have used the KU packs have discovered.

Negative! My KU pack is actually pretty quiet in my opinion

cmeier117

WKR
That is what I told him. I mean it is a louder material than his Badlands 2800 or a pack like that. But you walking through the woods is louder than the pack I would think.

Solitude

WKR
I will be running the KU3700 again this year. I like the option of outfitting the pack with the number of pockets/organization I require for each trip. Putting two long pockets inside for organization and the locking them on outside when I have a load or on a longer trip is has proven usefull. It's amazing how comfortable this pack is given it's weight....or lack there of.

phil

FNG
Like solitude I am using a 3700ku with long pockets. Used it on a 7 day backpack/tipi ti stove deer hunt. It made an excellent day pack when I got there. phil

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be running the KU3700 again this year. I like the option of outfitting the pack with the number of pockets/organization I require for each trip. Putting two long pockets inside for organization and the locking them on outside when I have a load or on a longer trip is has proven usefull. It's amazing how comfortable this pack is given it's weight....or lack there of.

+1 here with my KU5200. I keep all my rainwear (jacket, pants, gloves and overmitts) in one long pocket, and then misc gear (headlamp, wipes, food for each day, etc.)in the other. If my pack is full the pockets ride along on the outside, but if I am day tripping it away from camp, they can go inside and then just cinch the pack down small. Worked great for me last season....

JSonn

FNG
Becca-

What did you think of the KU material? Was it plenty durable? Also was it good in the rain? It looks like a really sweet set up.