Kifaru Lost Park longevity

Just wondering what you guys that have been running the kifaru LPP for a couple years have to say about the life of it..does it hold its loft well or lose some? Hold up to wear and tear?

Also curious if anybody has used the kings camo xkg down transition jacket and what thoughts are on it...really like the looks of it for cold weather glassing.

And anything else that compares to these that you would throw a recommendation out for! Thanks!

I've been using one in various sizes (I lost 60#) for the last four or five years or so. It's my go to for late season or smoking cigars on the deck here in Montana in late May.
They hold up well. Especially since you're not really doing much other than sitting when you've got it on.

Early on I prefer the lighter Sitka puffies because their more compact. Perfect for September or summer trips.

The LPP does compress well. Don't get me wrong. But in Sept when I pack in for a couple weeks of elk hunting I'll take the Sitka Down Lite to save more room for Oreos.

I did somehow rip the Kifaru puffy pants last season. But some T tape patched them in the field perfectly.

When it's really cold in November and I'm sitting watching the river bottom for deer ill run the LPP pants and parka and a woobie. Pretty dang toasty!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
outside durability is great. I was disappointed at how quickly the loft decreased - it is probably half of what it was after a season of use. That’s following the washing and care directions.

It will appear to lose some loft initially from the brand new state, but after that it seems to settle in and last a long time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I was the guy who got that jacket from them. Not worn out of the house yet and the inside of the pocket is ripped (wasn’t sewn well). They wouldn’t replace it, but are repairing it. I’m not trusting it on hunts.

OP
S
Was it the LPP flyrod? Hate ya had a run of bad luck...anybody got info on the kings puffy?

Yes it is the LPP. I like the idea as a glassing jacket but a rough way to start with the a new one for next season. I guess I stay with the OR Tradcraft for another year.

ppwack02

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the LPP the last 5 years now in AK and it's been great. A little loft has been lost, but it still keeps me warm. I burned a hole in the pants at moose camp one year, but after T tape it's been fine.

H80Hunter

WKR
I've had a quarter zip since they first came out. Still looks great, and is as warm as the day I got it.

Esse quam videri

Same here.

I did have a cordura panel start coming off but they fixed it quickly and for free. Highly recommend it, mine is awesome.