kifaru lost park pants substitute?

i like my parka but kind of tired of waiting,it has been quite a while since i tried to order.
what is equivalent out there to the quality?
thanks men

Can’t help ya if you don’t like to wait but Nunatak apex (if he’s still making them?) are a better option IMO because you can spec them to be much lighter than LP or really any of the commercial synthetic options out there.

stvnshnn

Lil-Rokslider
I have Black Diamond Belay pants that I think are similar. I have the LP parka and the pants seems about equal insulation-wise. If you can find them on sale, even better. My buddy has the Mountain Hardwear Compressor pants and likes those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I love my Sitka puffy pants but I'm not sure they make them anymore. They have full-length leg zips so they are easy to put on over boots and some kind of tough material on the seat and knees. I've used Firstlite, and Feathered Freinds as well but the Sitka pants are my favorite.

I have the Rab synthetic puffy pants and they are awesome. Wind proof, quite, full leg zips and a couple pockets. Only weigh 19 oz I think. Pretty water repellent as well.

Decker9

WKR
My gf uses the Sitka down pants and I use the Kifaru LP pants, the sitka’s are quite a bit warmer, lighter and pack better, but are lacking the extra fabric that I like so much about the LP’s. Sitka would be my second choice

jd1006

WKR
I think the question is how are you going to use them? If as an outerlayer, I don’t think you can find something better than the Kifaru pants. If worn beneath an outerlayer, I’d go with the Grumman Pants from SG and those should be in stock soon.

jd1006

WKR
I don’t think there’s a better option than Kifaru. I’d go with SG Grumman pants if I couldn’t go with the Kifaru pants.

The western mountaineering puffy pants are definitely worth a look and made in the usa i believe, i can double check that when i get home tho. I bought some for my wife and i steal them all the time cause they're way better than my kuiu ones

PackAK

FNG
I have the Rab synthetic puffy pants and they are awesome. Wind proof, quite, full leg zips and a couple pockets. Only weigh 19 oz I think. Pretty water repellent as well.
How do they stand up to wind? I’ve noticed a lot of puffy jackets do awesome when there is a wind layer but the lost park is awesome in wind.

PackAK

FNG
The western mountaineering puffy pants are definitely worth a look and made in the usa i believe, i can double check that when i get home tho. I bought some for my wife and i steal them all the time cause they're way better than my kuiu ones
Are they down or synthetic?

They're down. And i was right they're made here which is awesome. They also have full length side zips and windstopper

Attachments

• 20220114_202320.jpg
    20220114_202320.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 36
How do they stand up to wind? I’ve noticed a lot of puffy jackets do awesome when there is a wind layer but the lost park is awesome in wind.
I have never worn the list park pants to compare them to but the RAB pants are pretty great all around. Light warm and they block the wind really well.

RAB Photon pants. Only come in black but used the same Insulation used in Sitka aerolite collection. For synthetic puffy pants they pack down really well.

Pn8hall

WKR
Everestgear.com has the photon pants for $150 with free shipping right now for anyone interested. I have been eyeballing them for awhile and seems $199 is usual price everywhere. I just ordered myself a pair finally.

Everestgear.com has the photon pants for $150 with free shipping right now for anyone interested. I have been eyeballing them for awhile and seems $199 is usual price everywhere. I just ordered myself a pair finally.
I think you’ll really like them. The only downside to me is the lack of adjustability in the waist.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
0utle